Medical/Medication Vending (OTC medication)

chechnya

I've been desperately looking for information for medical vending. I did speak with a very nice member here that gave me some information but I need more before I jump in. I spoke with a very unhelpful medical vending owner that didn't paint a pretty picture however I did find a business for sale in another city but in the same state as me that was medical vending. The business earned around $20,000 net which isn't a lot but I did see a lot of words like "minimal" and "part time" that were all over the ad.

I haven't found much medical vending here in the Houston area which makes me think. Under tapped or not profitable? There are just so many positives compared to the negatives. It does worry me with the lack of information. I don't think you will make as much as full line but thats where you get creative. 

So can anyone else share some information?

post-1978-129433931106_thumb.jpg

Talk to Mxer518 he is a fountain of information on medical vending. From what I know (very little) its not a cheap venture to get into but well worth it in the long run, and typically it does better in certain seasons than others.

Talk to Mxer518 he is a fountain of information on medical vending. From what I know (very little) its not a cheap venture to get into but well worth it in the long run, and typically it does better in certain seasons than others.

I was spoken with Mxer518 and he shared some great information, however I feel the type of vending he does and the type I want to start aren't that relatable. I'll be starting from scratch with no name machines at mostly small time private places versus a franchise deal with branded machines at well known franchised locations(malls, movie theaters).

Days go by and I'm not any more knowledgeable about medical vending. It kills me too because I love to do research on things. Took me 6 months to buy a digital camera. I would of started by now if I just knew a little more.

• 4 weeks later...

hi

I just got on this site .I operate washroom vending machines in canada.these machines sit awhile to make any money,usually 2,3 or 4 months before collections.still i enjoy the business.you have to build up a route .

condom kid

• 3 weeks later...

went and looked at 6 brand new the box medical machines. 

Guy let me take one out and play with it.  I had hardest time getting it to vend.  I put to plugs in it and put 50 cents into it.  And struggled for about 5 minutes before I could get darn thing to turn.  It looked to me that it was cheaper model.  The coin mech  was all plastic.  Does that have something to do with it?:huh:  Or does need to be used and broke in?:huh:?  I wouldn't  think so.  It took me 5 mins  a customer give up in less.  And it was new straight out box  I broke original tape.  I don't understand why wouldn't work???  Any advice  I like to get into some of the medical machines.  anyone know of a good brand or distributor???

Cheaply built medical machines are going to more of a pain than they will ever generate for you for the simple fact that they are in areas that are not in the open and vandalism is very high. Placing them is not real hard but to get into places that will generate the best revenue are nearly impossible to get into. The only I am able to get into some of these high end location's is for the fact that i bought out a franchisee in my area where the parent company has national contracts.