The Hard Truth about Locators

Poplady1

There are too many of you and too few of us. 

If any of you are interested in becoming a locator, call me.  I will explain how it works and you can start your own business very quickly.  Just need a phone, internet, ability to speak clearly and a comfy chair. I will teach you to fish.  No charge.

Blue Moose

888-802-1410

I am glad there are people out there like you that can do this!  However, I do have a question.  Why do the full line locators not want to do bulk commission racks?  It seems to me that the approach and sales pitch would be similar.  Am I wrong?  If you get any takers, maybe you could train someone to do commission racks - now that would be awesome.

Jax

Locators can only be effective, I think, if they understand the business.  I don't understand the business and when you talk to an account you only have the first few minutes to sound professional.  People have to trust what you say and believe that you can do what you are offering in your sales pitch.  

Have you approached a coffee company in your area?  Check in to see if you can pay them a placement fee for any bulk/rack locations that they can pass on to you.  Also when you call them,  ask to speak to a sales agent.  Those folks often work out a side agreement.  Ask if you can take them to lunch.

When I started my vending business I was paying alot of people for referrals.  I talked with Real Estate agents, Developers, office supply sales and any one else I could think of that worked with businesses.  I ran across a cell phone representative (back in the day when those were new) and he sent me more business than I could handle....so think out of the box.  

And a number of folks from the list have called wanting to try locating.  I have given them what information I have: mostly I told them to just put up a notice on this list saying they are willing to give it a try...I am sure many of you would work with them.

Blue Moose