dixie narco cb368

Sorry P.S. Poland Spring. That 16.9 bottle is horrible. A 368 will be hard pressed to get 2 bottle deep. Going only one deep will be more reliable, but crappy capacity, and shimming is less ciritical.

Last post was half a thought posted on the fly

the thing is that I HAVE NOTHING TO STOP THE BOTTLES FROM WONDERING AROUND (sry caps)in the column.some machines have adjustable depth but this machine has nothing that goes in the column.I think you will understand this but dont know how to explain it better.I doubt they still make these but I hope a member here will have them if I need them.

If I'm not mistaken D&S Vending carries those.

i get the 16 ounce bottles of water from Vistar that are thicker and haven't had a single problem.I filled a Dixie 440 to the top in a double column without  any problems.

John

thanks for the replies so far guys!I bought a 6 pack of dr pepper and it seems that the weight of the soda bottles stops it from wondering around the column after 2 vends.I am still wondering is that going to be enough to keep the bottles in place even after lets say 10 vends or should I have some kind of plate behind the sodas?this machine has nothing in the columns and sold cans just fine.no shims or adjustable back plate like I have seen in other machines.

another issue I am haveing now is that it will vend the soda only every other time since it was set up for cans.can you full liners give me a hand with this please?

A DN368 will only do 1 bottle deep set the cam in hole number 4

ok.thanks for the tip.would you mind telling me if the weight of the bottles will keep the bottles from moveing around the column after many vends?I wouldnt want it to be "sold out"while theres half a machines worth of soda still in there.

do I manually move the cam to hole 4?

you have to pull the outer cam out a Little and move it till the notch falls in the number 4 hole.You will need a rear spacer or you will have vend problems and jams i am sure you can order new one for that machine.

I guess I was asking for the wrong parts.I dont need the shims but as was pointed out I need the rear spacers to convert this machine to bottles even if capacity is crappy the location is 2 blocks from my house and across the street from my job so I can check it often and easily without anything running out.come on full liners I know that buried in the back of some warehouse you have these parts somewhere so sell them to me!!

while serviceing yesterday I came across 2 abondoned non working soda machines,they were open with no locks and clearly not working.one was a 368 with no back spacers and one I cant remember the model number but had the back spacers still in it.I took them to see if they would fit in my machine and they dont.these have 2 metal pieces with the tip cut at a 45 degree angle that are held in place by a spring.

do you guys know what the spacer I need looks like?would any of you try to sell the 24 oz bottles and at what price point?the 24 oz pepsi bottle is 1/8th of an inch taller then 2 cans so it may work.I could sell these for the price of a 16.9 oz bottle at $1.25 and make a good profit.I think it may be a good idea.people are buying big 40+ oz jugs at the gas station they may buy this bottle too.opinions and answers plz!!!

I wouldn't use anything bigger then a 16.9 bottle in that machine I'm not sure it will fit thru the delivery chute. the rear spacer part numbers i have for that machine are wide column is dix49207070003

Narrow is 27007013003 but i would check those numbers with Dixie narc parts dept. I would think vendors Exchange would have them in stock or could order them for you

-Alan

• 2 weeks later...