Which Frozen Machine to purchase?

I have both and I like the crane better. The 320 has a bad cooling deck on the older ones if you look back in this forum u will see a ap320 one and u can see how to fix them its just a pain messing with the ap for me.  Are you putting food or ice cream in it

I agree that in the current build the NV seems to be a better unit. That being said, it is my understanding that NV will be moving away from the 455 and moving towards a new design utilizing the ALA Carte platform.

I have extensive experience with both the 320 and the 455. I would stay away from the 320 unless you have several and are able to produce  parts immediately because it will go down, it's not a question of if but when and you'll have a mess on your hands. Not to mention the 320 is a slave and no slave has been reliable IMHO.  If you go with a 320 just make sure you put the Ice Cream on the bottom shelf only so when it goes down that nasty mess just gets on that shelf and the tray beneath it and not your other shelves.

The 455 has it's issues as well but far more reliable than the 320. The 455 is an all in one unit like a regular snack. The bearings on that slide out monetary door are crap unless they improved on that recently. I had alot of problems with the defrost heaters but other than that much better than the 320.

Have you thought about FastCorp?  Different design but if you lose power that chest freezer keeps your food cold for many hours longer than either of the two other machines. Also the chest freezer is hands down the least responsible for lost food due to power outages or machine break down. You would be astonished if I told you how much food I've lost over the years thanks to 320's and 455's but maybe 5% due to a Fastcorp.

Technivend your right that made me remember crane has quit making the 455 but they are making a frozen machine with the 181 cabinet which should look great.  Fastcorp machines are great but dealing with the price of the parts and I only use them for ice cream I could see that it would be hard to keep up with the cards and changing the bin all the time