What do you call the little plastic pusher things on the coils/augers?

....and where can I buy a gross of them for some old AP 6600's?

Getting tired of the office gals calling me in a panic because MY machine STOLE her $.75 and didn't cough up the Reeses.  (invariably, it's the 300lb'er that likes to lecture me about the lack of "healthy" alternatives in the machines yet is the first one to hork down chocolate cupcakes as soon as I stock the machine - practically knocked me over to get at them last time)

How do you guys re-imburse?  I've just been taping up envelopes the side of the machines with their names on them and $$.

ABC

Yep - candy is set at $.75, pop is at $.50.

Took over the account beginning of the month - previous operator was in over his head, was only servicing the machines couple times a month, over 500 employees on site - machines were empty all the time, lot of bitching an moaning, trying to calm everyone down before I jack prices.

Pop is going up to $.75/can 1st of June - posting a notice on the machines next week to let them know (company knows price was going up - part of the "proposal" when I took over the account, kept it at $.50/can for first 30 days good will gesture.)

Candy will be going up as well - Washington State just hit us with a "candy" tax, going to use that as justification for the hike - was going to happen anyway.

ABC

Took over the account beginning of the month - previous operator was in over his head, was only servicing the machines couple times a month, over 500 employees on site - machines were empty all the time, lot of golphering an moaning, trying to calm everyone down before I jack prices.

I wonder how an operator can afford to keep their machines empty all the time.  Makes me scratch my head.  Must have too much money.  Maybe his bank account is full, or has too many zero's.

Either way, sounds like a good problem to have.  Or perhaps the operator doesn't understand that in order to make money, you must have product for people to purchase.

Any idea why this would happen?

I wonder how an operator can afford to keep their machines empty all the time.  Makes me scratch my head.  Must have too much money.  Maybe his bank account is full, or has too many zero's.

Either way, sounds like a good problem to have.  Or perhaps the operator doesn't understand that in order to make money, you must have product for people to purchase.

Any idea why this would happen?

Actually, yes....the people that had this account had no interest in Vending machines, (they are already an approved vendor at the company for a related service, but not vending machines)  they took it on at the request of the company and fumbled around with it for about 6 months before getting out...program was a mess - machines were empty, or else multiple slots stuffed full of crap that wouldn't sell (4 slots dedicated to turkey jerky) so they wouldn't have to service.  To their credit - they were very up front about their desire to get out of the vending biz and admitted they had no idea what they were getting into...

Even the placement of the machines sucks - one pair of snack/soda practically sells out weekly - one other pair takes weeks to move one bag of chips - stuck in an out-of-the-way alcove, trying to get those moved asap.

ABC

Refunds are tricky. If there is someone on-site (security guard, a sharp receptionist) that I feel I can trust, I wil give them a bank bag with $5 worth of change to handle refunds for me. Most people don't mind a bit to handle this for me. Personally, I believe that it is an important responsibility to "make things right" if my machine takes someone's money. I have my contact number clearly posted on my machines. If someone takes the time to call me, then it is probably a legitimate concern and I tell them to visit the trusted person I have on site for a refund.

This extra person can be a valuable source of info about how the machine is functioning. Word gets around in an office that so-and-so handles refunds for the vending machines, and patrons will eventually go straight to that person if they have a problem. My free "employee" can then fill me in if there is a problem with a particular column or with accepting bills/coins.

I particularly like security guards. A few guys I have will actually check surveillance cameras to make sure the "plaintiff" actually put money into the machine. One location busted a guy for just walking by the machine and seeing a "hanger" on a column of chips. He then shook the machine violently to try to dislodge it, and when he couldn't, went to the security desk and demanded a refund for a product he didn't even attempt to buy! The head of security denied him the refund. I just love it!

This morning I was approached by a lady who said my combo machine took $ 1.50 from her. I asked her if it was snacks or chips that she lost her money on. She replied that it was the Coke cans that took her money. Well, my cans are priced at $.60 in this location. I asked her how many Cokes she was denied. She said "two."

"I gues I owe you $1.20, then, RIGHT..."

Most of the people I interact with at my locations are great. But sometimes I have to deal with dishonest people. I try to be fair, but definitely require an explanation from them as to what really happened..

I don't agree with "avoiding refunds." I know my machines sometimes take money from hard-working people. Even though it is just pocket change, I want to do the right thing by them so they feel comfortable using the machines.