New from Indianapolis, IN

blu Vending

How do you go about setting up shop in offices, stores, hospitals, restaurants? Who do you talk to, recommended commission rates (if needed) etc?

You have 2 different choices. 

1. You can pay commission.

2. You can do charity.

For locating.

1. You can locate the machines yourself.

2. You can hire a locator to place the machines for you.

As far as locating yourself, What I did was when I went to an office type business, I introduced myself, why I was there and asked for the office manager.

For Restaurants, The first person that greeted me, I introduced myself and asked if I could speak to a member of the management team

Hospitals?  Sorry, Can't help you there.  I have never tried,  most of the hospitals in my area have machines from larger corporations that can pay an insane amount of commission percentage.

On the other hand, you can hire a locator to place the machines for you.  there are several to choose from.  However, they are NOT magicians! When you order, most likely they wont have locations that very second.  It may take up to 2-3 weeks to fill your order depending on what area you want your machines placed and how big your order is.

Eddie Bauer:  has a deal where you pay $300 and you get 10 locations.  But there is no warranties, what you get is what you are stuck with.

Kick Start:  The owner's name is Rob, several people have used him.  He offers warranties on all his placements etc.

Also, check out the link below for everything from reviews on the locators to professional locators themselves.

http://vendiscuss.com/forum/index.php?board=6.0

Welcome, and best of luck to you!

One thing I forgot to add is,  Do not get discouraged!  Unfortunately you will get a lot more "No" answers than "Yeah sure, set it up!"

You just have to take the "No's" with a grain of salt and go on to the next place.  Just to give you an idea,  When I was calling people, out of 25-30 calls, I would only get about 2-3 "yeah sure, bring it in" the other 23-27 places were "No"

You may find that although it is an added expense, you are better off by hiring a professional locator to get locations for you.

If you can get 2-3 yes's out of 25-30 calls you better start your professional locating service, you will make a killin!!!

That was the good old days about 2 years ago!      I took whatever I could get!  When I had my 10 machines placed I quit calling...  I serviced those 10 locations every 6 weeks and was thrilled if I brought in a grand total of $30 or more from those locations combined!

Out of the 10 original locations, 2 are still there. 1 is my very first placement, and the 2nd one, has been steadily consistent/ rising.  Last week I pulled $32.50 out of it.  It is a good ol pain in the rear Vendstar 3000.

Speaking of which my very first "yes" location brought in a whopping $3.25 last week after a 6 week run.  I guess its a sentimental thing... I dunno

You may find that although it is an added expense, you are better off by hiring a professional locator to get locations for you.

sorry but I hafta disagree with that statement! you will always be your best locator, if you think about it only you know your territory and what is available...you have the ability to drive around scouting locations and even going inside for a walk thru, you can see 1st hand if its a good spot or not.

Locating isnt as hard as some people seem to think...I use a laminated 8.5 x 11 sheet with pictures of racks singles, doubles etc.. to get my point across quickly, next I tell them that Im not selling them anything that they will make money without spending money...of course this is a crude narrative but it works, if they say no then I move on...no big deal. you cant take things personal when you are out in the business world, sometimes I get my feelings hurt but I always use that as fire in my belly to go get a location that day. I have never gotten 20 or so no's before I get a yes, but maybe Im more selective on who I call on. So my advice is to go out there look around do your homework and then go get your locations...good luck