Absentee Owners/Mgrs

hdrider

I went out the other day for a few hr's locating and I have never seen so many absentee owners and or mgrs at mom&pop place's... I guess business must be great that they dont have to be on scene and the managers only works on certain days. I need a job like that  ;D...

14 no's or own/mgr not here, 2 maybes and 1 Yes  ;D ;D.

I had to laugh on my out of 1 business. A new pizza shop opened up a couple days ago so I stopped by Antonios Original NY Pizza and asked for the owner, the woker went back to the office and called the owner up front it was a Elderly Asian man with a 10 year old as a translator. Needless to say I'm sure something was lost in the translation and he said no.  

yet another reason why I don't believe in person locating to be terribly efficient or cost effective. but bear in mind, I still work a full time job so if I take a day to go out locating, there is a cost - it's not just my free time and effort that's wasted.

I have had moderate success at in-person locating, over the phone is another story, seems like managers always have their calls sreened. I prefer to leave the locating to eddie and rob but my bank account disagrees most of the time.