how do you adjust how much product a vendstar vends?

mizugori

Remove the small screw on the bottom of the canister then remove the assembly, The wheel fits into grooves so you can see how large the opening is. More it to the appropriate opening and then replace the assembly and screw.  Just takes a few minutes

Related to the OP question (let me know if I've hijacked this post)...

For everybody/anybody that owns/operate Vendstars, I'm interested in vending the appropriate amount of candy that customer will feel satisfied with and yet operator of machines are happy with the income generaed

In short, I'm looking for that "happy medium"...

What setting (1-7) do you use for the following...

Peanut MM

Plain MM

Skittles

Runts

Mike Ike (Hot Tamales, and like products)

Mixed Nuts

Peanuts

Reese's Pieces

Related to the OP question (let me know if I've hijacked this post)...

For everybody/anybody that owns/operate Vendstars, I'm interested in vending the appropriate amount of candy that customer will feel satisfied with and yet operator of machines are happy with the income generaed

In short, I'm looking for that "happy medium"...

What setting (1-7) do you use for the following...

Peanut MM

Plain MM

Skittles

Runts

Mike Ike (Hot Tamales, and like products)

Mixed Nuts

Peanuts

Reese's Pieces

theres a thread that answers these questions. Im not sure where to find it tho

The right amount to vend is an amount that you make a profit and the customer is happy. M+M's around here are available from Sams Club for 8.29 for a 56 oz bag. That works out to about 15 cents per oz. There are 33-34 per oz. 12-14 per vend would seem fair. That would put your cost around 6 cents per vend. If your cost is much higher than 8.29 you would have to adjust the number 12-14 downward.  Achieving the correct vend amount on a Vendstar is a matter of trial and error, not just setting the dial to three.

Setting the vend to a higher amount for the business owners favorite can go a long way towards keeping a location for a long time.

Mizugori

The best thing to do for Chiclets is to put an amount in your mouth and determine how many you would realistically chew at one time.  That is how much you should vend.  I did this for a location in which I have two Vendstars.  Chiclets is now my best seller.  Give them that amount…no more no less.  I ended up chewing spitting out…chewing spitting out until I got the proportion right.  For other products follow the same method except chew swallow…chew swallow.  ;D

Miz,

Here's a little something that might help on portion control. Scroll down to the bottom to see the chart.

Link: http://VENDiscuss.com/forum/index.php?topic=3595.0

This is just what I'm looking for. The trouble I'm having is finding the key word to find that particular post. i spent a couple of hours looking for it using the forum search function. I would have not think of key word "getting the most out of..."  is there a way to "tag" the post so that variety of folks who may have different key word in mind can find any particular post?

Now back to the vendstar question...what are the common vendstar dial setting do anyone here use? for each product?

Mizugori

The best thing to do for Chiclets is to put an amount in your mouth and determine how many you would realistically chew at one time.  That is how much you should vend.  I did this for a location in which I have two Vendstars.  Chiclets is now my best seller.  Give them that amount…no more no less.  I ended up chewing spitting out…chewing spitting out until I got the proportion right.   For other products follow the same method except chew swallow…chew swallow.  ;D

Maybe, maybe not...when I get candy from a vending machine, for example, peanut M&M, I do not simply eat all of the pieces at once, but instead eat a couple at a time. So in this case, I'd like to have more. But from operator's perspective, what is a "satisfying" amount of candy so that customer leaves happy and does not feel shortchanged and at the same time, operator can make the most income as possible from the machine without giving away too much.

droyce attached a scanned file of recommended vendstar dial setting, which is a good starting place, but it is only a recommended setting. I'd like to know what settings other use, what experience have other gone through that dicates a change in dial setting to increase the "happiness" of customers.

Am I making sense here?