Facebook Ads?

Anyone ever used it? 

You can choose the parameters of who sees it and in what town.  It reaches not only your "friends", but lots of other people.  You only pay when people click on it.  You can choose how much you want to pay per click (Facebook recommends $.83) and the max amount you want to spend per day. 

Thoughts?

Michael

sort of like google ads.  When I had an online business I was paying 5cents a click and no more than  $5/day.

But what I found out was for 5cents a click, a lot of my ads only showed up in forums and members were encouraged to click on the banners to help support the site.  I only did it for one month. out of 3,000 clicks I had 1 sale.  And if memory serves me right, less than 100 clicks moved from the home page and navigated to a second page of my site.

So I said screw it.  And got the business up off the ground through joining the forums and paying a set monthly fee. And selling on ebay.

I'm in marketing.

I don't do FB ads but I know they can be successful. If I were to do them, which I wouldn't, but if I was- I'd tie it directly to an offer. You don't just make an ad for your site and have them click through to the homepage. You'll spend lots of money and be mad at the results.

You have to make an offer on your site and have them click through to that specific page. For example, a page to request a machine in their office.

people on facebook dont spend money its very hard to get them to buy things, its a well known problem in online marketing. stick to search engine ads (google adwords ,overture, etc..)