can comeing out pierced

what info do you full liners need to  help me solve this problom,the can from the very left column comes out pierced.it is a double row as you guys know.I have seen puddles and cans of the same product just laying on the ground in front of the machine but couldnt get why.I hapened to be there today when it hapened.the can came out with a small hole,it seemed that there were other circular  indentations on the can but couldnt investigate thourgholy.it was dark and the machine is full of soda of course so I couldnt look into it tonite.thanks for the help gang!

I'm far from being a veteran, but since it is the far left column, my guess would be there is possibly a screw/bolt protruding into the column possibly, therefore puncturing your product.

I would empty out the column and take a good look inside the column and SLOWLY run your hand up and down the column sides and feel everything that the soda could possibly touch on its way from your hand when stocking the machine to the vending door for the customer.

Just my newbie two cents worth.  :)

I'm far from being a veteran, but since it is the far left column, my guess would be there is possibly a screw/bolt protruding into the column possibly, therefore puncturing your product.

I have only a couple of full line machines my self,do toys mostly.I hope it is somethine as simple as that.tomorrow in the daylight I will look for that.

What kind of machine is it?

Thing to check:

< The delivery flap. I have seen cans hitting just wrong coming through the flap and get nicked. The cans only hit at the wrong angle from one column.

< The drop zone. Make sure there are no sheet metal edges that the can could hit coming out. I use a piece of 1/4" tubing from my coffee machines, make a cut legnth wise and fit it over the sharp edge.

< Shims. If your machine uses them, make sure that they are set proper and didn't move on you,

< The column. Empty the column and look for anything sharp. If you vend a mix of cans and bottles, the rear product spacer in the bottle column will stick through the column wall (in the numbered slots) at a location that will puncture cans.

JD

Look up from the bottom of the column and check the metal tab hanging in the center of the column and check the other columns to see if they're in the same position(happened to me once so I removed the tab) not the proper fix but it worked.

John