Does this location sound good?

Boazcat

I'm trying to grow my business and have come across a location that interests me. 

My question is:  Would this interest some of you veteran folks out there?  Am I just interested because I'm desperate and it really isn't that good a location?

In a town 20 miles north of an affluent suburb is a strip mall with an Autozone, Dollar General, haircut place, an insurance agency and an empty grocery store.  Out in the parking lot is a Walgreens.  Across the street is a gas station and behind the gas station is the town's only Wal-Mart. 

There is not an outdoor pop machine anywhere at the strip mall.  My brother-in-law mows the grass and has the contact information for the property manager. 

What would you all do?  Pursue it through the Prop Manager?  Pass on the whole thing?  If so, why?

Thanks!

Michael

Back when I was starting out I tried everything, if I made a few bucks heck I`d even try something twice. LOL

At this point in my vending career I won`t do outdoor machines anymore, way to much trouble.

But if I was in your shoes I probably would. Try to get somewhere under cover and as visible as possible. Invest in extra security measures upfront.

Depends on the cost of investment, the machine being placed and as someone said how much is going to commission.

Also i would wonder how much foot traffic there is, some strip malls are near deserted even if they have certain stores.

Even if conditions were not great, I would probably go for it based solely on lack of competition and also ease of contact.  If property manager does not agree, then that's that.