Business Profits

Johnny Gumball

How much profit can 1 business owner expect to make full time?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How much profit can 1 business owner expect to make full time?

• 40k - 50k
    • 50-60k
    • 60k-70k
    • 70k-80k
    • 80k - up

bit of truth or not, she keeps harping on it so much that i thought i would give her some advice to put it in her signature.

here is a novel idea, how about simply providing encouragement to upgrade those really good charity locations to commission racks? make your fellow vendor/member feel like you are providing some decent advice that they would like to follow instead issuing a threat that they are gonna lose their spot to someone like them.

wannabe operators like the princess, havending and a few others act like thay are so much better than the "lowly charity guys".

Oh im almost certain that gumball prince is a guy and not a she

I would say once you get about 10 machines located, you will have a good idea of how much you can make. If you are serious about going full time, make sure you have quality machines. I cannot stress this enough. Most of my machines aren't that great, and alot of my time is spent, keeping them in working order.

wannabe operators like the princess, havending and a few others act like thay are so much better than the "lowly charity guys".

I don't know what your definition of "wannabe" is, but...

By most definitions, gumballprince and havending are NOT wannabe's.

They are two vendors out there actually doing it.

Read their posts and it's obvious.

Maybe their posts can be blunt and to the point.

But, without members with expertise like they have, Vendiscuss would suffer.

Had a wise man once tell me: The only difference between a pat on the back and a kick in the butt is about 24 inches.

Maybe members like gumballprince are just butt-kickers instead of back patters.

Either way, you shouldn't dismiss their advice, even if you are an established vendor yourself.

There are some members here who have only been vending for 3 months.

Yet they give advice here like if they had havending's route and experience.

Some have zero commission locations -- but tell you how to handle one.

They have 10 locations and give advice on how to vend full-time.

I could go on....you get the idea and those members aren't hard to find.

Those people are the "wannabe's" and their inaccurate advice often misleads those with less experience.

I don't agree with everything posted by experienced vendors here.

But I don't take their posts for granted.

I appreciate gumballprince, havending, and other established vendors for what they represent to you and me...real vendors willing to share information and help fellow-vendors.

Johnny,

As stated, the national gross average per head is $7.  Lets say you can keep your machines located within a certain area of your city and it takes 30 minutes to service each location. 

Depending on the location a triple, double or even a single head will matter in order to maximize profit and customer satisfaction.  So lets say on average you have 2 "heads" per location. 

2 heads X $7 gross = $14 gross every 30 minutes assuming you can service each location in that amount of time and are getting the average dollars per head.

$28 gross per hour X 8 hours per day = $192 gross per day.

$192 X 5 days per week = $960 gross a week

Now keep in mind the COG is roughly 30% depending on what you are vending ( I like to keep my COG at or below 25%).

So $960 gross per week X 0.7 = $627 per week net. 

The sky really is the limit, but keep in mind you have to pay off the machines before you see any real profit, pay taxes, gas, product, the time it takes to locate or hire a locator, etc.  There are many factors that we forget to think about sometimes.

But anyway, if you are pulling the numbers above you would need to have 320 machines out on location.  ( 2 machines per hour X 8 hours in a day X 5 days in a week X 4 weeks per month ).

The beauty of this business is you can start as small and slowly as you like.  You are off to a great start Johnny and if you really want to, you can become a full time bulk vendor. 

There should be 4 machines per hour (2 machines per 30 min.) which would equate to 640 machines at 320 locations, assuming all are "double-headed)... Thats a lot of machines!  If your gross profit is $627 per week, you make roughly $2,508 per month and roughly $30,096 per year gross profit...

IMHO  I don't see much support here. Some of us who are new come to learn and get some advice, obviously some (so they think) got it all figured out. I do not take stock in a know it all. Remember it is better to be quiet and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.  If you get mad about this post does the shoe fit. (Firesuit on)

IMHO  I don't see much support here. Some of us who are new come to learn and get some advice, obviously some (so they think) got it all figured out. I do not take stock in a know it all. Remember it is better to be quiet and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.  If you get mad about this post does the shoe fit. (Firesuit on)

All I can say is that this forum occasionally gets some bogus postings from people who simply want to stir things up and have a good laugh.  So other veteran members may react and post accordingly to them.  Other times it's a "culture clash" of different business models that do not see eye to eye all the time.  It happens.  From what I have seen over the years, a high percentage of legitimate newbie questions usually get civilized responses on this forum.

Jax

I agree.

Fonk327    My first single ball machine I put out  in the first week had 50 bucks in it. It is a location I found myself and it has since grown to a really good spot.

So it can be done by a newbie

Archived