Building Your Empire?

West Coast Vend LLC

I started my business last November.  I have 32 locations with another eight locations coming on board within the next 5 or 6 days.  So that makes 40 locations.  I work a full time job besides this vending business.

I am finding myself a little bit behind coming into this week end in terms of pulling machines, changing product in some, and stuff like that.  Its the first time this has happened.  I am not complaining mind you.  Its a good feeling that Deb and I have worked hard to create what we have going so far.

The point is I have to begin to set up my routes in a more geographically organized manner. Thats the first thing. And I have to stop going to a location, pulling the quarters out of it, but not refilling it or changing the product if the need is there.  That would help me immensely.

Gary,

I wish you the best with BB Video.

*MY PLANS*

I am getting Verizon Wireless accounts. We have been given 5 Verizon stores so far, and going to place 1 more in a verizon today. We hope to get 50+ of these verizon wireless places. Singles/Doubles with Toys (each doing about $35-$75 a month).

We are also doing buiness with a company called "DTC Wireless". We have 1 so far, and it does about $25 every 2 weeks with gumballs. 

We are getting lots of restaurants. I am no longer placing machines in these little cash loan places, and places like it. We are doing so good right now from getting rid of the "screwed" route, that contained little businesses that did .75 a month.

Kyle 

I have 28 machines out and this week I service them. They are all triple heads and the average went from 15 per machine to 23 per machine.  I'm very happy with the out come. Going slow but sure to accomplishing the goal of 40 machines.  I started also in september 07.

Att

Gwen

Since we are now in to the first quarter of 2008, it would be a good time to check your proposed 2008 business plans. Double check to see if you are meeting your personal goals and make adjustments if necessary. You may want to add or remove some of the goals you set back at the end of 2007.

If you folks that listed your 2008 plans at the end of 2007 could post your accomplishments so far this year it would be a great asset to the new comers as well as the more experienced members.

Gary

• 2 months later...

An update on Building my Empire. I got 27 machines out Avg19 a month. Got one sitting. Bought 25 today.  I have over pass the goal of 40 machines in one year. Got 53 if they keep the avg. I will be happy.

Gwen

I use a locator firstchoice. I located my first 4 machines not very good at it. So far I haven't had any problem with my locator. I got my best machine at a crakel barrel breakroom from them it usually does 80 to 100 a month.  

Gwen

Gwen......that Cracker Barrel location is da bomb diggity sista!!!  Great performer!!

In terms of my empire, I am at 41 machines out there making money, 3 more machines to go out there within a week, and then another 8 machines in storage to be placed.

Thats great!! How long you been in vending? How long it take you to get to 41? I like to compare note with does with a similar route. See if am doing like expected or if i need to move things around.  Looking for great Ideas...

Right now seens am growing faster than expected I'm looking into Liability Insurance just wanted to know if any one in this forum had any sujestion and What is a reasonable payment for that?

Gwen

I may be overly cautious but liability insurance was one of my first purchases. It cost $240 for the year with $1,000,000 liability and medical expenses. The cost of doing business I figure. I didn't really shop around, you might get cheaper.

Congratulations on your new machines and placements. Looks like you and I are on a similar growth plan.

Beth

Being new to this fourm I wanted to let you all know were I stand. Me and a partner started out in March 2008. We now have 2 full size combo machines and 16 Bulk machines on location. Working out a deal with a local vendor to buy his 74 locations with U turn Terminators, would jump me up to 90 locations. My goal was 100 but might have to make that 150. Great info about Blockbuster and Verizon, will have to try thoes as well as my Bank

Thanks

Gary

Thats great!! How long you been in vending? How long it take you to get to 41? I like to compare note with does with a similar route. See if am doing like expected or if i need to move things around.  Looking for great Ideas...

Right now seens am growing faster than expected I'm looking into Liability Insurance just wanted to know if any one in this forum had any sujestion and What is a reasonable payment for that?

Gwen

I started in November. Took me 6 months.

Gwen,

I am at about 40 right now.  I would be higher but I had some losses from theft and vandalizm.  I started in Dec 05 so it's been about 2 1/2 years for me to get this far.  I started with a $500 credit card and made some bad purchases in the beginning so I was only able to start with 2 machines.  I found some funds with another CC and was up to 8 machines.  I stayed there until I got a $1500 loan from Prosper that took me to about 30 machines.  I sold off my triple and retired my SSF machines, so I lost ground there.  Then I got another $1000 loan from family, and that got me to 39.  I have purchesed 5 more machines since then but I've also lost 3 machines from theft, so I'm up to a total of 41 machines.

I know that incurring debt to capitolize this business is not everybody's goal, but I'm finding that I don't have any spare change to grow the business.  I have only the income from the business, and loans as ways for me to grow.  So, if I want to grow fast, I need to get loans.  If I want to grow slow, I use the income from the biz to finance the growth.  Right now I'm on the slow growth plan.  But if I don't lose any more machines, I'm able to grow about 2-3 machines a month.  I hope to grow by 5-6 machines a month by the end of the year.

Sounds about right.  I started with credit card and This last machines were the only ones I bought with little more than half from the businees and about 500 from my own personal money. I think I will stay with 53 for a while and payoff according to my calculations in one year. All my business debt. I started sept 07. with 4 machines off ebay. All are 1800 vending I wanted to stick with one brand to get the hands on it first. So far it has worked for me.

Do you have any liability insurance?

Gwen

Gwen,

And all others..I would be interested in the # of you who caryy liability insurance..AND why you carry it..What is the concern...

As for growing(pains)...I am quite new to this...I started in April 2008..I started with 16 machines direct purchase from the factory(8-select eliminator u turns)

They are all placed (even my wifes living room version) and I will collect from all but 1 this Thursday or Friday..I will post in the revenue section.

I have begun to acquire 4 select u turns as I like the design as compared to the basic three head machines...I have one more eliminator coming from e-bay purchase and a total of 4---4 select that should be here via e-bay by July 4th...

These should be placed by July 15th which will bring me to 20. 

I originally set my goals to get to 100 machines as the monthly income from these would pay my mortgage and most of my quarterly retirement payment...  I wanted to get there within the the end of 2008.

I am now in the decision mode of piecing together routes from other vendors to add to my package..this should allow me to reach my goal...THEN I will need to decide wether I want to go whole hog into this full time or stick to the part time version...

I don't have any at this moment but I'm looking into it. I believe is more protection of your property and in case kids  accidentally knock a machine and hurt them self then it would pay medical bill. Maybe other have a better explanation. I will like to know what others have to say on this....

Gwen