Cranky machine

Boazcat

We bought a used Dixie Narco  (3 single lanes and 5 doubles) from a local dealer. It is very sporadic on when it takes money. Sometimes just eats their money with no  vend.. Sometimes keeps and extra quarter.... Sometimes give the extra money back to other people.  What could be causing this? I'd love to try and fix it without having to pay for a service tech.  I don't know what things to look for.

Thanks in advance!

Michael

We bought a used Dixie Narco  (3 single lanes and 5 doubles) from a local dealer. It is very sporadic on when it takes money. Sometimes just eats their money with no  vend.. Sometimes keeps and extra quarter.... Sometimes give the extra money back to other people.  What could be causing this? I'd love to try and fix it without having to pay for a service tech.  I don't know what things to look for.

Thanks in advance!

Michael

It will help if you can give us the make, model and control board type of the machine as well as the model of the coin acceptor. It sounds like the mech probably needs to be cleaned. The change hangs up (keeping the money of one customer) and then spits it out on the next vend (giving back too much money).