FYI NAMA hosting conf call about calorie disclosure

Here it is from Automatic Merchandiser:

The National Automatic Merchandising Association will hold a conference call on Wednesday, July 28 at 1:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time to provide an update on the calorie disclosure rule. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is looking for industry comments on new rules related to calorie disclosure in vending.

To join the conference call on Wednesday, July 28 at 1:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time,

dial:1-800-944-8766; The pass code is: 73701#.

If you join in please post your thoughts and comments afterwards.

I will be on the conference call because I want to hear about this and what they think is going to happen.

IMO, the best way is through posters that are displayed on the machines or in the break area. The posters could be done by the distributors of the products and they would have every item they carry with the calorie count. You might not have every item in the machine but every item you had in the machine would be on the poster. This would be the simplest way to do this. Unless the manufactures of the product put the calorie count on the front and was visible enough to read in a snack machine. One other way is a book left on site that if requested could be shown to a person buying to look up calorie count. 

In all honesty, who is going to enforce this? The "calorie police"? While I can understand the FDA stance to a degree but how are they going to enforce this?  Either way it is not going to be easy to accomplish.  If you look at cold food, beverage, cup drink, snack, coffee, etc it is a daunting task......

In all honesty, who is going to enforce this? The "calorie police"? While I can understand the FDA stance to a degree but how are they going to enforce this?  Either way it is not going to be easy to accomplish.  If you look at cold food, beverage, cup drink, snack, coffee, etc it is a daunting task......

if i had to venture a guess, some kind of reward if you report a machine missing the info

personally i am more concerned about the new 1099 reporting requirements starting in a few years

personally i am more concerned about the new 1099 reporting requirements starting in a few years

Oh boy, what are we gonna have to do now?  report every time we fart or something?

On a serious note, what are the changes that are coming?

Basically you will have to send a 1099 to any vendor who you have paid over 600 in a year

For small operators annoying but I wonder how office depot,sams and those kind of places will deal with the avalanche of paperwork

It is a horrible system that the local politicians are touting as a way to "save americans money by reducing fraud and theft from evil people trying to avoid taxes and passing the buck on to you". The one thing this system can not possibly do is save anyone money. It's basic economics, and these golphers (I realize that is spelled as the person, not the animal) need to be sent on their way. This abundance of regulation is turning the competition from customer service and profits to who can comply with the government best. It's a terrible situation for the consumer, and reminiscent of the lack of tort reform laws in medicine which contribute to an obscenely expensive industry.  Our industry is one of the next on board for getting decimated by politicians putting their golphery fingers into it.

I think the makers of the products should have the info on each of  there product. We should not have to make a big deal out of this. When you to the grocery stores and buy foods it has all the info on the packages. Why cant the candy and snack makers put it on or in  the labels of the Products. Just my 2 cents worth.

Hexoff