Discount PMMs

Lucero

Been around.  Been very busy putting machines together (240) and gathering all items to get started.  Locater to arrive in Jan.  Have been reading and checking board.  Gotten some other good tips from other new and seemingly experienced vendors.  Such as using a spray on the locks so that you won't break keys.  Seems some of my locks are rough even though new and have one with the slots off that cant get key in.  Need to file one key down so can realign slots and get normal key into to unlock.

Just like your tip today saved me some serious money if I can get a hold of some.  Checked Sam's on line and closest one doesn't show any but next closest on does so will be worth the extra drive.  Will be going tomorrow.

Has been some struggles and been interesting but will post more once I truly am into the game and can relay my experience fully to the other newbies.  Have learned a ton already and would have done a few things differently that would have made my life much less stressful but what fun would that be?

Been around.  Been very busy putting machines together (240) and gathering all items to get started.  Locater to arrive in Jan.  Have been reading and checking board.  Gotten some other good tips from other new and seemingly experienced vendors.  Such as using a spray on the locks so that you won't break keys.  Seems some of my locks are rough even though new and have one with the slots off that cant get key in.  Need to file one key down so can realign slots and get normal key into to unlock.

Just like your tip today saved me some serious money if I can get a hold of some.  Checked Sam's on line and closest one doesn't show any but next closest on does so will be worth the extra drive.  Will be going tomorrow.

Has been some struggles and been interesting but will post more once I truly am into the game and can relay my experience fully to the other newbies.  Have learned a ton already and would have done a few things differently that would have made my life much less stressful but what fun would that be?

Phew, that's quite a lot of machines to start out with :)  Can I ask what brand you went with, and your source?  Since the locator is coming to see you, sounds like you didn't take over an existing route...

1-800 machines and bought 235 directly but did not pay $300 as much preached about.  Plus bought 5 off ebay.  Yes was alot and putting them together has been much more of a task than had thought possible.  Got machines together and now working on setting the 508 cansisters, glad 1/3 are gumball canisters that don't have to set.

So yes are all new not a bought route.  I do check ebay and craigslist regularly for machines and routes but at this point won't be buying further until these are producing.  I am stressing as have had some problems arise and not sure how all is going to workout but one way or another the sun will come up tomorrow.

1-800 machines and bought 235 directly but did not pay $300 as much preached about.  Plus bought 5 off ebay.  Yes was alot and putting them together has been much more of a task than had thought possible.  Got machines together and now working on setting the 508 cansisters, glad 1/3 are gumball canisters that don't have to set.

So yes are all new not a bought route.  I do check ebay and craigslist regularly for machines and routes but at this point won't be buying further until these are producing.  I am stressing as have had some problems arise and not sure how all is going to workout but one way or another the sun will come up tomorrow.

You are a brave soul!  For the large initial purchase, and for telling this crew that it was 1-800 machines direct from 1-800 ;).  Well, we're all rooting for you, I'm sure.  Are you willing to share what you paid on a per-machine basis?  When I was originally talking to 1-800, the promotion they sent me had the largest package-deal at 150 machines, and that was 43k ($290/machine). 

Interesting ! Sorry to hear that some of you have fallen into the biz op scam. Post back to me if your around in a year or two. I know your heart is in the right place, but your head is .........................

Seriously guys ! Look around you and see what the MAJOR vendors are using ! It sure isn't this crap! Within a year you guys will be selling out on either Ebay or Craigslist.

Craig

Craig...What crap are you using to use your words?  Secondly how is it a scam?  If machines don't come from the biz ops as you say, where do they come from originally??  Might it be the OEM.  So these biz ops are still in business running scams?  How is that possible?  So nobody makes money buying from the OEM's?  Somebody must have or they would never last.

I understand you can buy second hand market cheaper which I have done but that is not the end all be all solution.  So I will add you to the list with a few others looking to hear from me a few months done the road.  Only thing is I won't be selling, I plan on buying.

I have looked at other units around here and they look like crap, literaly.  I would not buy candy from those machines.  They are filthy and look unattended.  That is good news for me.

What do you consider a fair price for "crap" then?:)

Craig...What crap are you using to use your words?  Secondly how is it a scam?  If machines don't come from the biz ops as you say, where do they come from originally??  Might it be the OEM.  So these biz ops are still in business running scams?  How is that possible?  So nobody makes money buying from the OEM's?  Somebody must have or they would never last.

I understand you can buy second hand market cheaper which I have done but that is not the end all be all solution.  So I will add you to the list with a few others looking to hear from me a few months done the road.  Only thing is I won't be selling, I plan on buying.

I have looked at other units around here and they look like crap, literaly.  I would not buy candy from those machines.  They are filthy and look unattended.  That is good news for me.

What do you consider a fair price for "crap" then?:)

... and here I thought he was talking about holiday PM&Ms.  Maybe hit the wine bottle a little softer, Lucero. 

Craig, we talked to Black Panther about 1-800 while he was still in the investigatory stages.  While I am in agreement that he likely did not make the best business decision, I am still behind him 100%.  I know exactly why I would -not- have done it, and I expect black panther to share the view after a while, but I still hope he does alright with the machines.

BP I think we've shared the reasons why people here think it is a scam.  Mostly it has to do with high-pressure selling and over priced machines, and bundling services instead of letting the customer choose what it is they want to buy.... but again, I think we've been over that ground.  That's why Craig feels the way he does about the 1-800 company.

-loopy Lucero

This thread has really gotten off the got heads up on a seriously discounted product that all people can use.

I do understand not wanting to pay high prices for machines as product is sold at 25 cents and not talking about BMW's here.  There was NO high pressure sales and think I got a fair price for brand new machines.  As mentioned I have bought a few second hand and haven't been perfect purchases.  Just because some other companies use high pressure tactics still doesn't take from what an individual is investigating and ultimately purchasing and the business they are pursuing.  Does come down to numbers and high pressure has nothing to do with the numbers.  Yes I could have taken longer and purchased one here, one there, and so on until reaching this point but then have a hodge podge crew of machines starting out.  I have plenty of other things to worry about at the start other than all the hassles of purchasing each one individually and the hassles associated.  That is a consideration other newbies have to decide.  I have other issues that I am dealing with that did not want to play the build one machine at a time method.  Works and is great but for me at this time was not the best choice.  Either all in or not at all....no half assing it.

I appreciate everyones view and respect opinions but has seemed that the majority on this forum are anti-1-800 for some reason.  I still have not figured out why.  It can't be sales tactics because they did not use pressure.  It can't be price because everyone preaches buying second hand market, so what can it be?  Hope it isn't something that I will find out later and seriously effect my business.

Understand there is a market for single heads such as DI when leaving a restaurant and want to freshen breath but when someone wants chocolate or other snack and only have one option don't see how only one heads are better.  Right location, right mix a three head will offer options and feel more sales.  Understand that a small location with limited traffic will not support a three head machine.

Alright enough and will leave this alone as again has gotten off the original posting and just looking to learn and grow.  I just haven't seen clear reasons or answers to the above questions on the forum yet.  I hope to grow and help other newbies as they are helping me.  I don't knock their choice but hope to only help them from where they are at when I am able to.  I know others have much more experience so leave that to them at this time.

BP,

Good luck on your venture. I hope all goes well for you. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Lucero,

I too did get in on the holiday PMM's as well. However, my Sam's does not carry the 54oz bags. They carry the 56oz bags and are selling for $4.74. (The regular PMM 56 ozers go for $7.88) So there was a substantial savings for me.

Steve

Please lets not start bashing other vendors about the type of equipment they have bought and how much they paid, or overpaid. 1800 machines are just as good as the next. I have 1800 machines and I am not out of business. I can get them in any place that any one else can. We went through this a couple of weeks ago and I can't read these post again. As you can read in my posts, I enjoy this forum very much and like helping and sharing knowledge and advice when I have some to give. I always keep things positive. Everyone is just trying to run a business. Lets help each other not beat each other down.

Thanks

Gary

BP,

Good luck on your venture. I hope all goes well for you. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Lucero,

I too did get in on the holiday PMM's as well. However, my Sam's does not carry the 54oz bags. They carry the 56oz bags and are selling for $4.74. (The regular PMM 56 ozers go for $7.88) So there was a substantial savings for me.

Steve

Especially with your new 1 head, 2 product philosophy eh? *wink wink*.  Will you be making special mention on the DI for us curious folks when you do your monthly reporting?

-Lucero

GARY:

you deserve another big cheese award for your widom!

always words of peace from you,were/are U a toker?

tomorrow I am going to hy-vee to see if they have lowered thier prices on thier holiday pmm.they only have 14 oz bags @ 1.50$ each,makeing it about 602$ with tax for 56 oz.

not as great a saveings but normally this size goes for .99$ @ super wally the day after a holiday,makeing it 4.00$ even.I got some for halloween on sale like that but they were out this time.how long before they go bad is my question?

Antonio

Please lets not start bashing other vendors about the type of equipment they have bought and how much they paid, or overpaid. 1800 machines are just as good as the next. I have 1800 machines and I am not out of business. I can get them in any place that any one else can. We went through this a couple of weeks ago and I can't read these post again. As you can read in my posts, I enjoy this forum very much and like helping and sharing knowledge and advice when I have some to give. I always keep things positive. Everyone is just trying to run a business. Lets help each other not beat each other down.

Thanks

Gary

I am with you 101% Gary.  We need to keep all of our comments in a positive and helpful vein. You can certainly critique someone in a way that does not diminish the person and make them feel less than. I am here to get supported by you folks.  And what ever I know thus far, I want to share that info with other new comers to this industry.

You guys should heed the advice of experienced vendors once in awhile.

Listen to Crackin and the points he is making.Which is you can't over pay for junk because your ROI won't be good and the machines won't last.It's like the guy buying Antares at the seminars for $5000 a piece.They are junk not to mention not the way to go in the snack bus.Lucky they do $20 a week and you have to service them to often.They all end up on ebay because the guy over payed and can't make money.

Little story met a vendor coming out of a store started talking to him about vending.He was using vendstars which he paid to much for like $300.I laughed and said they are not worth $50.He became my partner and he put out 2000 machines.The only thing is he took my advice and buys vendstars used for $30 and new for $50 all day long.He knows they are pretty much junk but since he loses so many from store closings and theft he has to buy machines cheap.

I am sure some of you guys will take this negative which it is not.This is not brain surgery buy  good machines or buy them cheap,get locations,service your machines.After that it is nothing more then a numbers game.

The biggest down fall is over paying for junk machines,so take Crackin's advice.

Fred

You guys should heed the advice of experienced vendors once in awhile.

Listen to Crackin and the points he is making.Which is you can't over pay for junk because your ROI won't be good and the machines won't last.It's like the guy buying Antares at the seminars for $5000 a piece.They are junk not to mention not the way to go in the snack bus.Lucky they do $20 a week and you have to service them to often.They all end up on ebay because the guy over payed and can't make money.

Little story met a vendor coming out of a store started talking to him about vending.He was using vendstars which he paid to much for like $300.I laughed and said they are not worth $50.He became my partner and he put out 2000 machines.The only thing is he took my advice and buys vendstars used for $30 and new for $50 all day long.He knows they are pretty much junk but since he loses so many from store closings and theft he has to buy machines cheap.

I am sure some of you guys will take this negative which it is not.This is not brain surgery buy  good machines or buy them cheap,get locations,service your machines.After that it is nothing more then a numbers game.

The biggest down fall is over paying for junk machines,so take Crackin's advice.

Fred

Fred,

Happy New Year's Eve :)  We do indeed appreciate the advice of experienced vendors here, and most people do heed it.  Obviously, at the end of the day everyone has to make their own decisions, though.  I have shamelessly emulated Caserri's businesses, from the choice of candy to the machine, to the label.   Most of us are in agreement with McCracken's advice.  The only thing taken exception to was the tone of the post.  We just want the community here to be supportive and loving(sorry, I'm a therapist :)).  Even if someone does make a move that the experienced folks warn them against, we'd like the community to respect them as a businessperson, and support them, even if we are against their decision.  That's all that Gary et al was getting at.

-Lucero

...Now, back to the holiday PMM's!

Steve

Indeed.  I'm thinking about going to buy some more.  I only bought about 5 bags, but it's such a good deal... I could have 1/3 of them spoil and still come out ahead... not that I think they would!

Well I drove half way cross the state to a Sam's location that showed actually having enough of these to only find out that half of them were plain.  Still worth my trip but learned that the item number for the holiday m&m's is the same for peanut and plain.  Mark that one down for next time.  Today was lesson for young grasshopper.  Still saved $535.  Thank you again Lucero