Coinco sending all coins to "Coin Return"

Boazcat

Is it setting up a credit first or just not accepting at all? If it is setting a credit up first it is a solenoid in the mech. If it is just going through to the coin return I would guess a jammed column first and foremost (I am assuming it is a single price soda machine based on the coin mech type). Is there an empty light on any column that is not empty?

What make a model of machine is it?

A single price Dixie will shut off the mech if there is a jam in the machine or even a left over credit (yes this happens more then you would think). First thing is to unplug the machine to reset the vend relay and test the machine again. If this doesn't work look for a jam. You can usually tell in a Dixie what column is jammed as the sold out light will be on in that column. If that doesn't help remove the motor cover and makes sure all the switches on the cams look the same (there is 110 volts in there so you may want to unplug the machine). If none of this helps it could be a faulty changer. 

If I wanted to replace the changer do I get another one of the same model, or should I look at something else.  I haven't been happy with this changer since I got the machine earlier this summer.

Thanks,

Michael

The 3341 is an older Coinco model but it is still a good mech. Any single price mech should work for you but you need to make sure the harnesses for the validator are correct. Look for a 9340, 9360, 6800, 6800H depending on your harness needs.

BUT, if the machine is causing this a new mech won't help at all.

I fixed it!  ;D

The circular disk thing under the little lever spring thing that either accepts or declines coins had come loose. (What are the exact words for those?)

Probably happened coming down off a curb during transport based on the way it bounced once...

Thanks for all your great advice technivend!

Michael