coffee question

nrpick44

I had a security guard at one of my locations ask me about a single cup coffee packet that another vendor would supply at another location he worked at. I know NOTHING about coffee vending but would really like to educate myself on the ins and outs of it. Is there any where to read up on the various ways its done and has anyone heard of these "coffee packets"?

Thanks in advance!

I had a security guard at one of my locations ask me about a single cup coffee packet that another vendor would supply at another location he worked at. I know NOTHING about coffee vending but would really like to educate myself on the ins and outs of it. Is there any where to read up on the various ways its done and has anyone heard of these "coffee packets"?

Thanks in advance!

are u talking about keurig k-cups by any chance?

Flavia is another single serving coffee product.  Personally, I steer clear of these single cup products if you need to buy their machines and the product only comes from them, you pay much higher % for your product and are stuck with only their equipment.  I do not know if K-cups are proprietary or several vendors make the machines and coffee products.

In general, personally,  I find office coffee more profitable than my vending.  Definitely educate yourself on OCS.  It is a business worth getting into.  Especially if you are able to add it to existing vending accounts.  My comments apply to 50+ people accounts.  With smaller accounts you need to be more careful that your equipment will not take too long to pay off from that accounts profit.  My ROI preference is 12 - 18 months.

How many people does this account have?

Do you have the (full size) snack and soda there?

The location is a very big medical office. I bet it has at least a hundred people who just work there not counting visitors. I own only 1 snack machine there that does around 150+ a week gross. There is another vendor who has a soda machine by my snack machine, a small snack machine in a waiting area, and plus does the coffee that the security guard told me about. By just looking his machines I'm guessing that I may have a shot at getting him out. The soda machine looks like it been ran over by a truck and the snack machine has weird product in it and always looks neglected. I just want to educate myself on the coffee side in case they ever ask me.

Any thoughts on how I should go about doing this? Ive only been servicing this machine for a month or so but I have to admit that I'm gonna be really good at this. lol