help 501E memory/battery

ok ... so im lazy, i was reading the forums and remembered i need to replace 1... so i'll just ask you guys instead

what type of battery do i put in this machine..local Vending parts store didnt have 1.. told to go to Radio shack...lol

machine keeps going to 99.95 everytime the power goes out...lol, first one i ve had to replace ...how sad is that..thanx in advance

I had a 501E a couple of years ago with the same problem and was told by customer support that the battery was soldered to the mother board and the board had to be replaced. Well the machine was  in a manufacturing plant where the power was off and on all the time. I wasnt about to replace the mother board when everything else worked on the machine. I replaced that machine with another and moved the machine to an office enviroment where the power is nice and steady and havent had a problem since.

im pretty sure , it is recommended to place the mother board, i was told by some 1 that it is poss. to replace the battery...it is soldered.... i found out what type it is .....  think i'll try the battery 1st

ok... so i found a site which explained how to check 4 bad battery.... i did, checked for volt. drop  and then replaved the bad battery, it is a simple 3volt battery, watch type.....  easdy enough i guess,  all is ok

...damn this kid is good..j/k