Has anyone worked with Aramark?

spdydre

Had an aramark rep call me today telling me he has locations for me, I am a bit confused because I have never talked to Aramark.  Do they just call random vendors to do business with?  I was wondering has anyone done business with them and how does it work?

its the age old story with aramark, as well as several other large vendors.....they go thru a growthcycle, grabbing any business they can get....as a directive of their marketing department...then after having the smaller account for a while, an edict comes down from the operational staff to get rid of low performing accounts, due to poor P&L'S.......so they clean house.......some of these accounts for the smaller operator can be profitable , due to lower overhead vs. the national companies..

been going on for years...you would think sooner or later that the marketing division would learn to communicate with the operating division.....but in general the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing......

its the age old story with aramark, as well as several other large vendors.....they go thru a growthcycle, grabbing any business they can get....as a directive of their marketing department...then after having the smaller account for a while, an edict comes down from the operational staff to get rid of low performing accounts, due to poor P&L'S.......so they clean house.......some of these accounts for the smaller operator can be profitable , due to lower overhead vs. the national companies..

been going on for years...you would think sooner or later that the marketing division would learn to communicate with the operating division.....but in general the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing......

That's about it. Worth looking into.

well I received two calls from two different locations saying the guy from aramark referred them to me and they need vending service lol.  So do I call these accounts back or is there some sort of stipulation to setting up these accounts such as Aramark charging me etc?  I wonder if he got vendors mixed up

I have never paid them for a location, but without saying it explicitly it was understood that the referrals stop if I took any of their accounts. (That's where a good locator service comes in handy, it keeps the hands clean  ;D ;D)

If you got calls from prospective accounts, jump on it. Then call the Aramark guy back with profuse thanks, offer to buy him lunch and let him know you are still looking to grow.

In other words, ride that horse until it falls over dead. B)

I agree with mission ride that baby till it dies. I have have gotten a few from them myself and in a couple of cases bought the snack machine from them took over the third party machine swapped locks and away we go.

My contact will call me about once a year with three or four they want to dump and I will normally take them. then I wont hear from them for a while.