Deal?

B.V.O.

http://cambridge.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-art-collectibles-BEAVER-Gumball-Candy-Vending-Machine-W0QQAdIdZ20361511
So they are looking for $100. I'd have to pick it up which would easily cost me another $20. (I really couldn't work out the html for the link not sure how to do it on this forum so I attached the pic as well). Then I suppose $20 for Gumballs to start so a total of $140.

Now I think this is a decent deal.

But I really like the idea of the Dentyne Ice machines with deal through this site.

$135 for machine and product, now since I'm from Canada there would be additional charges for shipping and a possible duty fee that could easily turn this deal into $200.

So my question to you is, if you were starting all over again was limited in cash and wanted to get into the business where would you start?

With either of these options?

Something else?

Anton.

The cost for this used machine is more than if you purchased a new machine from Oak or Northwestern.  That includes the stand and shipping.  However, since you are in canada, you may wish to check Beaver directly.  My cost for a single oak vista with stand shipped to houston is about $75.

The machine you are looking at is a Southern beaver which costs $55 brand new from the 1-800 number on www.beavervending.com.  You can pick up a stand for around $27 (amerivend).  That's less than a $100 right there.  Plus you can add the adjustable candy wheel for less than a buck which will allow you to vend most candys as well as Dentyne Ice (set it on the smallest setting to vend 2 pieces at time).  All you need then is to buy the gum seperately which comes with free labels for the machine.  Plus is you can easily adjust the wheel to vend PM&M or mike and ikes, etc if you decide to change product.

-Brando

B.V.O.,

I hate to be the party pooper but there is just one more thing...

SuperPro can't ship the DI gum into Canada. They run a different (stronger) formula up in Canada and they do not have the authority to ship US product there. Check with Steve (Polecat on the board) at SuperPro. He can give you the low down on that.

I think Grumpy once inquired about the gum as well.

Steve

The machine you are looking at is a Southern beaver which costs $55 brand new from the 1-800 number on http://www.beavervending.com.  You can pick up a stand for around $27 (amerivend).  That's less than a $100 right there.  Plus you can add the adjustable candy wheel for less than a buck which will allow you to vend most candys as well as Dentyne Ice (set it on the smallest setting to vend 2 pieces at time).  All you need then is to buy the gum seperately which comes with free labels for the machine.  Plus is you can easily adjust the wheel to vend PM&M or mike and ikes, etc if you decide to change product.

-Brando

Brando......you have actually set a Beaver candy wheel to its smallest vend with Dentyne gum and 2 pieces come out?

Brando......you have actually set a Beaver candy wheel to its smallest vend with Dentyne gum and 2 pieces come out?

Not yet, will be verifying soon, but the guy at SuperPro said they had tested it numerous times and it consistently vended 2 pieces.  Will let you know for sure when my gum comes in.  The adjustable wheel works really well with other candy so i have no reason to believe it wouldn't it work.

We did tests with several wheels, including the Beaver wheels. We found that the "Shallow" Beaver wheel on setting 4 vended a 2-piece serving a high percentage of the time (about 85%). Most of the balance of the servings were 3-pieces. Hope this helps.

Steve, SPVG 

Thanks Steve. Can you address the shipping to Canada issue for BVO? Am I correct that you currently can not ship DI gum into Canada? If so, Do you know of a work-around that will enable our neighbors to the north to get in on this deal?

Steve

It's correct that we cannot sell the DI into Canada yet. There are two issues: 1) The Dentyne Ice made for Canada is actually a different (stronger) formula then what is made for the US.  2) The decals for the machine are required to be in both English and French.  It remains a goal for both us and Cadbury to get this product into Canada.  Currently, the Canadian Operations for Cadbury Adams are merging into the US Operations, which is a good thing. Unfortunately, we're going to have to wait for the dust to settle a bit on the new structural changes before we're going to get this issue back to the front burner.

I'm hoping we can launch Certs into Canada, however, as I don't believe there's a difference in the formula for this product.

Steve,  SPVG

One more thing re: your mention of a work-around:

In several cases, where a Canadian customer lives relatively close to the US border, we've shipped machines and gum to a destination in a US city and they've established a route there. Because the service cycle can be every 60-75 days or so, this has worked well for them.

• 2 weeks later...

BVO,

I have never been in the market for triple heads but $72 seems like a fair price to me. Aren't they about $120-$150 or so new, depending on the manufacturer?

Steve

BVO

This is an email for a guy who did have 15 double headed candy machines on wooden bases, and 19 3 headed all metal candy machines. We were asking $50.00 each, however, we would be willing to sell them all for $1,000 nhogan@sympatico.ca (Norm) machines where for sale in the fall, maybe he still has them I do not know. ( His location is Lavign near Sturgeon Falls between Sudbury and North Bay. He did offer them to me for $500.00 but I turned it down.

Grumpy

Kind of gives you an idea the value of some used machines too. (Double headed were Silent Sales Force) triple headed unknown