Rowe 4900s purchase

vendnoob

My partner ran across this machines a few days ago and baught it for $150. I know nothing about this machine or how it operates. i did find a copy of a owners manuel online that was printed in 1988. Can anyone tell me if he caught a nightmare for me to deal with or was it a good buy? Any background on this model? Im thinking it may have been a bad business choice for a used machine that is 22 years old.  :-\

As long as everything works....it was a good deal.  Now understand there are some limitations with it...but  I have a Rowe 5900 and it works fine. 

No enhanced Dex reporting, no guarantee vend, but as long as you load it correctly, you'll make your purchase price back quickly!

Travis

The good news, its a good deal for a piece of equipment from a company that was well regarded in the industry.

The bad news, the word is WAS well regarded, they went belly up 7-8 years ago. :(

If all is working, it ought to continue to do so, if you need to get parts that can become challenging. You might be able to upgrade it with new electronics (Vendors Exchange smart board and new mech and DBV) if you want to.

If it was me I'd put it out and let it work until it started giving me problems the pull it off location and sell the parts which ought to fetch more than your original purchase price.

$150..buy it ..if it works.....

how can you go wrong if it is decent shape....how long will it take to pay off is the real question..

i bought 1 on the cheap and it has been great to me(knock knock, hope this table is wood)

p.s. those valdators are a #$%^&

Good price and parts can be found but you will have to do some looking around on the net. I would also call around when looking because some of the used parts folks dont post everything they have.