excellant condition dr pepper antique look at this full liners

My family has had this in our garage as long as I can remember.my brother and I were cleaning the garage and we decided to move it to my warehouse.this bottle machine was a real heavy sucker.once we got a hernia to load/unload I decided to plug it in and it worked,the lights came on! , the compressor fired up and it seemed to be blowing cool air but we unpluged it right away since it had been on it`s back.how great is that I couldnt believe it still worked.I wonder where my father got it from it is at least 30 years old,I am 34 and have always seen it in the same spot we moved it from.I always thought that a working machine if stored properly would work even after a long period of time of storage but this is unbelieveable.it is a cornelieous brand,now they make fountain soda machines and probably not full line anymore.what do you full liners think of my find?any of you older operators had any of these on your route?

the sides look even better then the front.everything seems to be original,but this baby isnt going anywhere no matter what it`s worth.I will have to drill out the lock to get in it, I will report my findings then.If possible I may load it up with coke bottles and use it myself just for kicks!nowadays it would be impossible to have a machine like this out.the door opens even  with no money,I assume once you put the money in it releases the catch that holds the bottles so you can make a selection.but the door would be ripped off  the hinges in a month or two.

this made my crummy day all better

Cant read the serial # plate, what year of mfg is it? Look like an early 60's model. Be careful drilling out lock, I don't know if you can get a replacement T-handle for it or not, though there might be some out there that you can make work if needed.

I will be very careful with the lock.tomorrow I will jot the numbers down and give them to you,I thought about doing it but didnt >:(there is no year or date on the plate,maybe the serial number will help,I didnt think of looking for the year of production in the serial for the model year,I was too busy sticking my hand in it feeling the cool air B).tomorrow I will plug it in in the am and let it sit for an hour and go back with a laser thermameter to check the actual temp.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

unfortunately I haven`t messed with it yet.this is the busy time for us at work plus other priorities and of course the routes.I also am dreading having to drill out that lock.I will do it asap.I am courious to see the inside  too and if possibly it can work again.

Archived