National 678 coffee

rookie514

One of my new locations required a coffee machine and to get me in the door I agreed.  Ive never done coffee and heard mixed things about it.  The guy that I get my used machines from was able to get me a mint national 678, he modified it to accept a 5 gallon water bottle as the desired spot for the machine has no water access.  My questions are many.  How do I start, what kind of coffee do I put in here, do i put milk and sugar inside or in a station outside.  I know that the machine has 6 canisters and takes freeze dried coffee.  Also any other info that I didnt ask will be appreciated.  It is a student center located on the campus of a large college.

I'm not that familiar with this machine but the 6 canisters ought to be the same for most brands.

Reg coffee

Decaf Coffee

Cream

Sugar

Hot Choc

and number six can be a number of things, something like a French Vanilla flavor capp.

You just need to look to see if the canisters are labeled for which product goes where or get a manual for it.

You will need to get the stuff that is intended for use in a vending machine. Especially the cream and sugar it has been treated somehow that makes it resistant to clumping in the heat and humidity found inside the machine. Vistar is the best place to order it. If you are not ordering from Vistar I know where you can order it. Let me know.

Mike

-Splurge and use frothy cappucino topping instead of a non diary creamer

-make sure you get cups designed to work in your machine

- the 5 gallon jug will not give you a lot of water to work with. If you are doing 12oz cups you are looking at ~55-60 cups before the 5 gallon jug needs to be changed.

-#6 could be either the FV or Tea. You need to know which it is set for as they use different motors.