tuf fronts dot com or a similar company, pros and cons

Does anyone have anything against buying refurbished AMS machines (one food, one snack) and then using tuffronts.com for recovering to make the machines more appealing, all as opposed to buying new machines?

Does anyone suggest me staying away from AMS?  I've looked into shoppertron and starfood for food machines and nothing yet for snack machines, other than the AMS machine mentioned above.

Thank you...come again!

Tuffronts has great fronts for machines. I prefer Crane National if you are buying new. Depending on the size of account would determin if I would buy new or used. I look at my ROI on any account to determin what I invest in equipment. Look in the refurb section of the post I did about a couple machines I refurbished that was bought cheap off CL.

For me, ROI is figured after deducting COGS, taxes, commissions and CTS (cost to service) which gives you a profit figure (hopefully :D)

Divide investment cost by profit and the number is the time needed to recover your investment, usually figured on a monthly basis. You can use actual or projected numbers. Ideally, IMO, you are looking for an ROI of a year for used equipment.

Would the machines be valued higher if they were already placed into a location. 

Pretend I bought 12 machines already located and placed, and my ROI is looking like 15 months out at $800 a month in this scenario.  Is this good or bad?

$16 gross per machine per week isn't great

Thanks for the feedback.

If anyone can tell me how much they should look for out of a bulk machine per week or month I'd be grateful.  Also, that 800 figure would be net in that scenario, is that still bad?  Thanks in advance.

So you paid 12K for the machines and location? What type of machines are they? A net of 800/month is not very good for 12 machines. Unless the location is very spread out I'd try to get at least 4 of them out and find them a new home, preferably 6 or 8 of them. If you can't pull them out for whatever reason, don't beat yourself up about it, learn the lesson and move on to the next acquisition.

At that low of a volume unless you are very careful with dates you will have lots of stuff hitting expiration dates.