Breaking into the Biz in California

amakieve

Hello Everyone, I am a newbie doing lots of research about how to start, what to buy and what the rules and regulations of bulk vending.

For the moment my idea is to buy two separate 'heads' and stands but also a plate for the stand that could put two heads on it. That way I can place the two machines in two different places but I would have the option of putting both of them on one stand if I find one of my locations is significantly more profitable than the other.

With these two machines/locations I will get my foot in the door, figure out what products work best and what kind of deals I need to make with the store owners to place my machines.

I am a little uncertain how to deal with locating my machines, it seems like some places don't ask for money, some ask for a percentage and some ask for a flat monthly rate. Can you guys tell me how your locations work and how much the charge if they do charge for the location?

I was thinking about trying to locate in break rooms in big companies... does anyone have experience with this? I imagine candy and or nuts would be best in these places... since most 'grown ups' don't buy 25¢ toys. Otherwise, I have been seeing on this site that toys and gumballs are better than candy, maybe I should stay away from break rooms and stick to places with children in them? Maybe gumballs would work in a break room environment?

Once I start get enough to buy another machine and stand I will do that each time until I have about 5 or 10 and then I will wait to earn enough money to buy multiple machines at a time.

Could you guys give me some advice about buying new vs used? I'm afraid I'll get a bad deal if I buy used when I don't know what a fully operational machine should look and act like. Maybe I should start with two new machines and then look into used machines?

Thank you for your help! This forum has already helped so much and I only found it two days ago!

Hi Daryl,

I will be starting in Placer County and maybe move over to that Sacramento Valley once my fiance joins me in the US. Where abouts are you from in California? It'd be nice to find someone in the biz close by, I haven't found any NorCal vending companies yet... maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

Kelly,

What is a C-store? ...sorry if my inexperience is showing, lol. How do I get a hold of Mainor and what kind of machines does he sell? New, used, refurbished?

Thanks guys!

Hi Daryl,

I will be starting in Placer County and maybe move over to that Sacramento Valley once my fiance joins me in the US. Where abouts are you from in California? It'd be nice to find someone in the biz close by, I haven't found any NorCal vending companies yet... maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

I was born and raised in San Jose, and moved to Sacramento before my job moved me to Houston.  I'll prolly go back to somewhere around the bay area or outlaying areas.

Profits is currently living in the Sacramento area, you should ping him.

Quality used machines are  the way to go when starting out!    From everything I have learned on this site ,if you want to make a living on bulk vending then you should go the commission route and sell toys/gumballs.  I also think buying from mainor is a good idea I'm sure he will hook you up.

Manoir told me that AA and NW use the same parts, is that true for other brands too? That sounds like a really good reason to buy those two.

A&A has made copies of both NW and Oak machines. so the parts for the copies are interchangeable, and yes other machines have interchangeable parts but its more complex

Archived