How to Value OCS Portion Of Business?

coinvestor

Not sure why but coffee service scares me more than anything. Is it not cheaper for most locations in bigger cities to just use the "big boys" that are everywhere. Why use a small vendor when they could call one of them?

You can actually be quite competitive price wise, but I always sell the service. I am at there site once or twice a weekanyway, the "big boys" only come every 3-4 weeks then either overstock or understock. Many locations like the fact of only having one contact for all the stuff in the breakroom (I also do POU watercoolers). The fact that I discount my coffee and breakroom supplies 10% (estimated travel cost) for my vending customers helps to sweeten the deal. I'm not really interested in having coffee customers that are not vending customers, so I can just price the discount in. Then if I get a coffee only account I'm getting a premium for the extra stop.

Mission, not to open up the whole percentage thing, but what percentage do you use for your balance sheet?

JD

You can actually be quite competitive price wise, but I always sell the service. I am at there site once or twice a weekanyway, the "big boys" only come every 3-4 weeks then either overstock or understock. Many locations like the fact of only having one contact for all the stuff in the breakroom (I also do POU watercoolers). The fact that I discount my coffee and breakroom supplies 10% (estimated travel cost) for my vending customers helps to sweeten the deal. I'm not really interested in having coffee customers that are not vending customers, so I can just price the discount in. Then if I get a coffee only account I'm getting a premium for the extra stop.

Mission, not to open up the whole percentage thing, but what percentage do you use for your balance sheet?

JD

Yup, thats how we beat the "big boys" service, service and more service :D

JD, I'm not 100% sure what you are asking....if you are asking how I valuate the business for balance sheet purposes I use 50% of gross sales plus value of inventory, coin mech money, vehicles and parts (fallow equipment is included in parts).

If you are asking something else let me know.

Yup, thats how we beat the "big boys" service, service and more service :D

JD, I'm not 100% sure what you are asking....if you are asking how I valuate the business for balance sheet purposes I use 50% of gross sales plus value of inventory, coin mech money, vehicles and parts (fallow equipment is included in parts).

If you are asking something else let me know.

That's what I was loonking for. Do you actually do an inventory or do you just estimate?

Archived