1 drink/1snack location for sale

jb5580

There is an ad on my local CL selling a 1drink/1snack location in an industrial area for $5000.00 firm. The seller states it grosses $1900 a month and needs servicing twice a week. Does this monthly gross sound very high or is this possible from only 2 machines?  If these figures are true The location would pay for itself in 6 months if the net is 50% of gross, thats a pretty good turn around time to start making profit. Any thoughts from you full line guys on this one? heres the ad:

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/bfs/2044752749.html

Make sure you can see it in person before purchasing (check out employees, customers, etc).  See if he has any service records also and try to find out pricing on merchandise prior to buying.  Chips for 65 cents is very low profit margin wise since they are usually between 40 and 50 cents each for a small bag

If the income can be verified then I would consider it. By verification I mean bank records, commission checks or some documentation that cannot be created after you ask for it.

Find out what brand of equipment it is, is there a contract in place, what are the prices on items being sold?

Twice a week for that kind of revenue for two machines is acceptable.

Make sure you can see it in person before purchasing (check out employees, customers, etc).  See if he has any service records also and try to find out pricing on merchandise prior to buying.  Chips for 65 cents is very low profit margin wise since they are usually between 40 and 50 cents each for a small bag

where are u getting ur chips?!

a 50ct lays variety pack from sams costs 10.20 making it about 20 cents a bag wise chips are about 17 cents a bag.

do the LSS sell better?

In terms of the number of units sold, not for me. I do sell the baked Lays products in LSS size at a number of locations simply because I they are not available in the 1 oz. size. The large multiple route companies have all almost gone to LSS exclusively, at least in my area, simply due to more profit per vend.

I prefer to go with the 1oz size because I can still sell them for .50 and still do all right margin wise. In location where "healthy items" are part of the conversation then I pitch it as, " Your employees are going to bring it from home if its not in the machine so lets offer them those Cheetos in the smaller portions sizes." So far its worked out pretty good.

In terms of the number of units sold, not for me. I do sell the baked Lays products in LSS size at a number of locations simply because I they are not available in the 1 oz. size. The large multiple route companies have all almost gone to LSS exclusively, at least in my area, simply due to more profit per vend.

I prefer to go with the 1oz size because I can still sell them for .50 and still do all right margin wise. In location where "healthy items" are part of the conversation then I pitch it as, " Your employees are going to bring it from home if its not in the machine so lets offer them those Cheetos in the smaller portions sizes." So far its worked out pretty good.

a little off topic but do you know if there is somewhere that sells

sun chips in 1oz sizes either in a case or variety pack? all i can find

in sams is LSS variety of sun chips and its not worth buying a lays variety

pack just to get 10 bags of sun chips, i end up with too many unsold cheetos

a little off topic but do you know if there is somewhere that sells

sun chips in 1oz sizes either in a case or variety pack? all i can find

in sams is LSS variety of sun chips and its not worth buying a lays variety

pack just to get 10 bags of sun chips, i end up with too many unsold cheetos

Afraid not. I get sunchips by the case at Vistar.

I get Sun chips in the 1 ounce size from merchant mart.

John

I go there also but I am going to try Restaraunt Depot off of Atlantic Blvd in Pompano once I get a resale license (not open to the public).  I have only had my combo machine in service for a month so haven't really been able to shop around to compare prices.

Archived