national 474 combo

snack dude

I picked up a national 474 drink snack machine without plugging it in or anything because they almost gave it to me. I took it back to my shop and almost everything works except the drink section.

It gets cold but if you try to do a test vend or put money in, the display reads "MAKE ANOTHER SELECTION" for every selection. So I put cans in all the slots thinking it might be a sold out condition but to no avail. Its like it does not see the cold drink insert there. I checked the code in the config program and it has I believe the right code for snack drink. I feel like I am missing something real simple.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

Snack dude

A 474 should have sold out switches. If you tried to vend it without product the machine will read the columns out of service. Try filling the columns (at least 6 cans), push in the interlock switch, hold to a count of 5 and release it. Next I would try a test vend to "push" the vend circuit and get your motors homed but you don't really need to. You could just throw money in and test it.

Pushing in the interlock switch and holding it sends a pulse through all the motors to sense what is in the circuit.

Thanks Technivend

I should get the DOPE SLAP of the year award

I did not realize that the test vend button would not work without product in the columns

I quess I am use to the bigger machines where you can run the motors on the columns with a completely empty machine. Maybe a manual would have helped.......................NAAAAAW

Thanks again

Thanks Technivend

I should get the DOPE SLAP of the year award

I did not realize that the test vend button would not work without product in the columns

I quess I am use to the bigger machines where you can run the motors on the columns with a completely empty machine. Maybe a manual would have helped.......................NAAAAAW

Thanks again

Learning without the manual makes it stick in your brain better. I'll bet you will remember this long after you get out of vending. ;)

Archived