Royal RVCDE-768

You will need to cut the tops off the plastic clips that hold the front from wiggling.

Take a screw driver and push the rest of the clip through. They will drop into the inside of the door.

You should be able to get away with taking off only the top trim piece by removing the nuts on the inside of the door. You may need to loosen the top couple of nuts on the vertical pieces in order to get the top piece off.

Remove the nuts and bolts (4-6) that hold the delivery shoot portion of the door that passes through the sign.

You should be able to push the sign front up a couple of inches (so that its not still in the bottum trim) and pop it out.

Put in your new sign front the same way and put the machine back together.

You will need a drill to drill new holes for new clips.

Its much easier on this style machine then the live fronts. Good luck!

Cut off the heads of the tree clips on the trim and punch them through with a screwdriver and a hammer. Remove the delivery chute from the from of the machine. Remove all the nuts from the left hand side trim, loosen the nuts on the top and bottom trim. Remove left side trim and pull sign out from the left (If you try to go out the top you need really tall ceilings).

Install new sign and reverse procedure from above. You will need to replace the tree clips to give the door structure. If you do not have the right clips you can use carriage bolts in their place. Most signs do not come drilled for these clips so you will need to drill your own. Before drilling, put a 2x4 between the cabinet and door at the bottom of the machine. Push on the top of the door and you will see the door flex. This part is all feel. You want to flex the door in beyond normal and hold it there to drill. This extra flex will allow the clips or bolts to hold the door square when inserted. If you don't get the alignment right the door may be hard to open and close. If you don't trust yourself, you can always lay the old sign on top of the new one and use the old holes as a template to drill.

It is not hard but can be time consuming if you have never done it before.

Looks like I need to learn to type faster!!!

Before drilling, put a 2x4 between the cabinet and door at the bottom of the machine. Push on the top of the door and you will see the door flex. This part is all feel. You want to flex the door in beyond normal and hold it there to drill. This extra flex will allow the clips or bolts to hold the door square when inserted. If you don't get the alignment right the door may be hard to open and close.

This is a good tip technivend! I just knew that when I hit the post button it would say "someone posted while you were typing" as this always seems to happen to me. I was surprised when it didn't this time. It must have been you turn  ;D

Archived