Hello From VA Beach

KenP

Just wanted to introduce myself as I begin to read the discussions. I was self-employed for years in the c-store-gas station and hospitality biz, sold them, took time off, economy tanked, real estate sunk so I went back to work and I'm not digging retail hours.

I've wanted to vend for years, but never stepped up to the plate. Now I'm seriously looking and weighing options.

I plan to start small to determine if I like it. I'm considering finding a location or two first, then buying the machines. I've also considered a locator, but I doubt they'd be interested in locating just a couple of machines for me as I don't believe that's cost effective for them.

I'll be seeking advice on everything from locators, bookkeeping, machines (vend and office type), reasonable or common commissions , product mix, ROI time frames, vehicles, purchasing, servicing, common cost of locators for specific types of vending, etc.

I'm leaning heavily toward soda and snack with bulk mixed in. I have a local charity that focuses on suicide awareness and prevention for teens that I'd like to contribute to with the bulk. They do good works.

Its quite a laundry list, but there are questions that must be answered. Plus I'm sure reading and talking with you experienced pros will generate more questions than answers!!!!  ;)

BTW, I know how to use the "search" function.  B)

I'll do my best to avoid the "golpher"s! (See? I read that part...)

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your advice. KP

Hey KenP, I'm in VaBch as well. Good to see you on this site. You will do well to learn from the experienced people on here, they are very kind in giving advice. Take care, Jim

Thanks jb. My full time job is located at Laskin & VA Beach Blvd. I see a big Dominion serviced 7 select Coke machine in our shop everyday. Knowing that thing is just sitting there like a toll collector without me getting some of it is just eating me up!

Cool, a potential full line member coming on board. :D

Whatever you decide to do there are lots of people around willing to help you out. I'd be happy to help you with the full line stuff if you decide to jump into to that.

Thanks MV. Nice truck!

I think if I'm going to transition, over time, to this as a full time career the full service route is the way to go. I could be wrong, but that's what I envision.

• 1 month later...

Archived