Mag50b bill acceptor help needed.

omgaz

I have a mag50b that is only accepting one bill out of 50ish.  I cleaned all of the leds but no change.  There are no error codes.  There are two green/yellow leds -- can someone tell me if both of these are supposed to light up?  Only one is lighting up and i suspect this is the issue.  Any help would be great.  Thanks! 

Obviously I don't have one, but hope this helps:

No LED or no blinks:

Switch power off, then on:

Does LED blink?

Yes: Check machine interface or L6 opto circuit on main logic

No: Check for power to logic board or harness.

Link to manual if you don't have it:

http://www.coinco.com/coin/faq/servicematerials/925173.pdf

More:

Observe that the power indicator light on back of

MAG50B control box is ON continuously. If the light

is OFF or blinking, check the following:

— Power to vendor.

— Coin changer tube levels. (Min 10 per tune.)

— Bill acceptor interface harness.

— Vendor does not have credit already established

Install guide:

http://www.coinco.com/coin/faq/servicematerials/923817.pdf

I never saw mention of TWO LEDs.

I have a mag50b that is only accepting one bill out of 50ish.  I cleaned all of the leds but no change.  There are no error codes.  There are two green/yellow leds -- can someone tell me if both of these are supposed to light up?  Only one is lighting up and i suspect this is the issue.  Any help would be great.  Thanks!   

I am not sure what the green/yellow LED is that you mention. As KenP says there is only one red LED that you really need to be concerned about on the validator itself. It is the RED one that KenP gave you the blink codes on.

There is more to cleaning and tuning a validator then just wiping down the led's and mag head. There is a tuning procedure and electronic updates that can/should be done when a validator starts working poorly. While wiping it down and even swapping belts may help, it is not the proper way. It's kinda like changing the oil in you car but reusing the filter. It's only a part of what should be done. The only way to get these electronic updates is to be hooked up to Coin Acceptors servers and only approved/authorized facilities can do this.

It definitely sounds as if your issue is in the validator itself. Since it does take bills eventually, you make not get an error code on the back.

The leds I am talking about i think are the 'optic sensors.'  I said leds because one glows green.  They are on the left and right side of the center belt.  This bill validator is a 9 mo refurb.  I have already swapped it out with an older spare validator i had and it works fine, however the 50b was updated to take new $5 and the people that use the machines really like this. 

I powered cycled it a few times when it was in the machine but did not get any error codes.  I guess i will take it into a shop to find out what is wrong with it.  Thanks!

Archived