DN368 free vends

NinnJinn

On my can machine, at times, you can put money in it, push your flavor and get your drink.  there will be a faint buzzing noise, you can push a flavor button again of your choice, same as first or a different flavor and it will dispense free of charge. sometimes you get 1 free vend, and there have been times where I managed to get 2 free vends. (3 drinks for the price of one)

Would I need to replace the vend/vending relay on this machine to resolve the issue?

The intermittent free vends are not limited to just one flavor.  I have had it free vend on all flavors and on all paid vend flavors.

Thanks.

On my can machine, at times, you can put money in it, push your flavor and get your drink.  there will be a faint buzzing noise, you can push a flavor button again of your choice, same as first or a different flavor and it will dispense free of charge. sometimes you get 1 free vend, and there have been times where I managed to get 2 free vends. (3 drinks for the price of one)

Would I need to replace the vend/vending relay on this machine to resolve the issue?

The intermittent free vends are not limited to just one flavor.  I have had it free vend on all flavors and on all paid vend flavors.

Thanks.

mike it sounds like the switch on the motor is not stopping i had one that did that the vend relay wont fix this problem

alan

It only vends one per button pushed.

Could be the relay, could be the mech, maybe even the switches but that would be a last guess. Since it is a single price machine you can test vend it with the door open and watch the relay. See if you can see it hanging up when you hear the buzz. The buzzing though is what concerns me. The relay should have no power once a vend is made. The buzzing could be some low voltage getting back to the relay keeping it latched. If you have a spare single price coin mech, I would try that first.

Could be the relay, could be the mech, maybe even the switches but that would be a last guess. Since it is a single price machine you can test vend it with the door open and watch the relay. See if you can see it hanging up when you hear the buzz. The buzzing though is what concerns me. The relay should have no power once a vend is made. The buzzing could be some low voltage getting back to the relay keeping it latched. If you have a spare single price coin mech, I would try that first.

Thanks Bill, I in fact do have a spare 6800 mech.

I narrowed it down to my double column for 1 flavor. Took Technivend's advice and disconnected the solenoid for the time being. Still able to vend all flavors without a freebie. I will just have to check it more often due to being down to one column for my biggest selling drink. Once it warms up I will work on the motor...

Thanks for all the advice guys!

Archived