Help With Maka Nb-1Kb-400 Dbv

Pbuckler

My NB-1KB DBV bit the dust today. I can't tell what is wrong with it by looking at it so I am assuming its an electrical problem. I am considering fixing or replacing it. From what I have found online, repairing will cost around $65 if nothing serious is wrong with it. Is this correct? Does anyone have a recommendation on who to send it to if I go the repair route?

Or I could replace it. I can't find any info on compatible units on the web. I have found several NB model DBV's on the market but don't know if they will work. Does anyone know what model is compatible with mine?

Thanks in advance!

I figured he would be able to help. I got an email from them about a repair special they were running a week or so ago. But I didn't need their services at that time. The changer is a mars Trc-6000. The machine is a National 145 Snack.

Hey Guys,

When you say bit the dust what are the symptoms?

Is it trying to accept but isn't?

Is it totally dead?

If you disconnect the power and reconnect it does it cycle?

I assume you opened up the bottom to be sure there is no small piece of bill stuck in there....

Also, if anyone is stuck on location you can always email me. If possible I will get right back to you. I carry a Blackberry and when I am away from that I have computers all over the place.

It doesn't do anything. It doesn't accept a bill or cycle when powered off then on. I checked for anything stuck. I unplugged then re-connected and not a thing. The only thing it does, and it's really difficult to notice, is emit a soft ticking. I heard it and at first didn't think anything of it. Then I noticed the belts moving about a millimeter with each tick. It does this constantly.

It doesn't do anything. It doesn't accept a bill or cycle when powered off then on. I checked for anything stuck. I unplugged then re-connected and not a thing. The only thing it does, and it's really difficult to notice, is emit a soft ticking. I heard it and at first didn't think anything of it. Then I noticed the belts moving about a millimeter with each tick. It does this constantly.

My guess is it is in the validator itself and the ticking is it trying to cycle on. Bad motor, belt jumped and jammed, or something stuck in the validator could cause this symptom.

The ticking occurs as the belts advance about a millimeter with each tick. The belts are continuously moving very slowly. Nothing is jammed and the belts are on track. I brought the validator home to look at it. But I don't have a way to power it up. Is it possible to do this at home? I don't have a machine at home but I could easily connect a lead to the harness if I knew which wires are the correct ones.

The ticking occurs as the belts advance about a millimeter with each tick. The belts are continuously moving very slowly. Nothing is jammed and the belts are on track. I brought the validator home to look at it. But I don't have a way to power it up. Is it possible to do this at home? I don't have a machine at home but I could easily connect a lead to the harness if I knew which wires are the correct ones.

You just need 110v to power it up and test it. I'll dig up a schematic when I get to the office today.

You just need 110v to power it up and test it. I'll dig up a schematic when I get to the office today.

On a 110volt Maka. You need to supply hot to pins 1 and 3 and neutral to pin 2. On the unit I have here pin 1 is blue, pin 2 is red, pin 3 is green. But you MUST check out the pin position and color yourself to be sure.

This should power up your validator to allow you to run bills through it. It will not tell you if a credit is being set up.

bill,

I recently found a snack location.I plan on buying a new usi m300 23 selection machine.as far as shipping goes would it make sense to buy the machine from you or should I buy from someone here in Illinois.I want to support your business,but I also want to do what makes more sense for me.I also want to take this oportunity to thank you for all the help you give on the boards.

Antonio Vitale

pbuckler I didnt mean to hijack this thread but it wont let me send him a pm,and I know he will read this here.

bill,

I recently found a snack location.I plan on buying a new usi m300 23 selection machine.as far as shipping goes would it make sense to buy the machine from you or should I buy from someone here in Illinois.I want to support your business,but I also want to do what makes more sense for me.I also want to take this oportunity to thank you for all the help you give on the boards.

Antonio Vitale

pbuckler I didnt mean to hijack this thread but it wont let me send him a pm,and I know he will read this here.

My pm's should be on and my email address should be available. I will PM you to get the topic back on track. But someone else try PM'ing me!!!!!!

Archived