Hot Food/sandwiches

I have a current location that has a soda and snack machine. Now they are asking if I can do hot food and sandwiches. I never have messed with hot food or sandwiches before. What is the best way to go about this. Should I try to put in a cold food machine or maybe try a catering type of lunch approach? It is a good location so I would like to keep them happy. What is the best way to approach this? Thanks

I have a current location that has a soda and snack machine. Now they are asking if I can do hot food and sandwiches. I never have messed with hot food or sandwiches before. What is the best way to go about this. Should I try to put in a cold food machine or maybe try a catering type of lunch approach? It is a good location so I would like to keep them happy. What is the best way to approach this? Thanks

Cold or frozen food is the way to go and provide a microwave or two. What kind of monthly sales are you seeing at the location?

this location is between $400-$600 a month. Is there a good brand of cold machine I should look at? any other tips from cold machine owners in here?

That`s on the low end of what I would look for to do food. You could expect to toss 25% out of a cold food machine in a location like this. Even if you half fill it with nonperishables like cup of soup stuff you could easily toss 10%.

I would lean toward a frozen unit so you can add ice cream and minimize spoilage problems.

As for equipment look at Crane and USI. I am not a big fan of the frozen AP machines.

That`s on the low end of what I would look for to do food. You could expect to toss 25% out of a cold food machine in a location like this. Even if you half fill it with nonperishables like cup of soup stuff you could easily toss 10%.

I would lean toward a frozen unit so you can add ice cream and minimize spoilage problems.

As for equipment look at Crane and USI. I am not a big fan of the frozen AP machines.

fastcorp machines no good? i see them on CL quite a bit

fastcorp machines no good? i see them on CL quite a bit

Fastcorp machines are good, I`ve got one. However IMO a glassfront type frozen would be better suited here. It can vend a bigger variety of products like large sandwiches, chili cheese dogs etc. which is the type of thing I would think the location is looking for.

Another thing about the fastcorp, last year they came out with a new model and they no longer support the older 631 which is what you are probably seeing on CL. there are thousands of them out there so parts should not be an issue for years, like the Rowe snack machines.

I dont think the breakroom is even large enough to fit another machine in there. Are there any items I can stick in the snack machine that can be microwaved like soup etc?

ramen,easy-mac

u might have to supply bowls,spoons

Archived