Nb 10 Bill Validator

I have a soda machine that uses a NB10 bill validator. It was broken when I bought the machine so I ordered a supposed to be reman. from a well known company. Installed it when it came in and have had troubles ever since.Does anyone know how to rebuild these or know where I can get one I can count on to work for at least a while?

I have a soda machine that uses a NB10 bill validator. It was broken when I bought the machine so I ordered a supposed to be reman. from a well known company. Installed it when it came in and have had troubles ever since.Does anyone know how to rebuild these or know where I can get one I can count on to work for at least a while?

If you got a reman val from a reputable company you must have some type of warranty. What are the symptoms of the troubles you are having??

When I installed it, it was slow takeing the bill and would take 4-5 trys to accept it. Now it is very sluggish and might or might not after many trys even with good crisp bill. It has a limited warrenty and I will call them first thing Monday. Just trying to find good replacement I can count on after this one did'nt work right to start with.

When I installed it, it was slow takeing the bill and would take 4-5 trys to accept it. Now it is very sluggish and might or might not after many trys even with good crisp bill. It has a limited warrenty and I will call them first thing Monday. Just trying to find good replacement I can count on after this one did'nt work right to start with.

While the NB10 is an old validator there is no reason that it shouldn't accept bills. I would certainly get a replacement or yours fixed under warranty first. As far as an upgrade you could always go with a Coinco BA30B as long as you have the right mounting bracket

While the NB10 is an old validator there is no reason that it shouldn't accept bills. I would certainly get a replacement or yours fixed under warranty first. As far as an upgrade you could always go with a Coinco BA30B as long as you have the right mounting bracket

Just the part that takes the bills sticks thru and is bolted to the door. Would this part fit on and bolt up to the BA30B? What about the harness would it work also?

Just the part that takes the bills sticks thru and is bolted to the door. Would this part fit on and bolt up to the BA30B? What about the harness would it work also?

Without a picture it is hard to say exactly. The standard BA harness should be a direct match.

If you got a reman val from a reputable company you must have some type of warranty. What are the symptoms of the troubles you are having??

As Bill said, a reputable company will have a warranty and will take care of it for you. As hard as they try they don`t always get a rebuild right, especially the older bill acceptors.

As Bill said, a reputable company will have a warranty and will take care of it for you. As hard as they try they don`t always get a rebuild right, especially the older bill acceptors.

called today and told them what it was doing. they said box it up and send it back, alot of times it gets knocked out of aligment during shipment and acts this way.

I have a question about the compatibility between the Coinco BA30B and the Maka NB10. I need to get a new DBV for a National 145 snack machine. My ignorance in this field made me think I could only swap the existing Maka for another Maka (or equivalent) DBV. I had no idea I could go with a different make/model. So what I REALLY need to know is what exactly do I need to make a BA30B work in this machine? Do the BA30s come with a standard harness or do I need to look for a specific one? Is there a voltage I need to look for? Is there a mounting adapter required? I have 2 Maka NB units that I would be happy to trade for a BA30 if anyone is interested.

I have a question about the compatibility between the Coinco BA30B and the Maka NB10. I need to get a new DBV for a National 145 snack machine. My ignorance in this field made me think I could only swap the existing Maka for another Maka (or equivalent) DBV. I had no idea I could go with a different make/model. So what I REALLY need to know is what exactly do I need to make a BA30B work in this machine? Do the BA30s come with a standard harness or do I need to look for a specific one? Is there a voltage I need to look for? Is there a mounting adapter required? I have 2 Maka NB units that I would be happy to trade for a BA30 if anyone is interested.

A National 145 would require a Coinco BA30BAB and a special face plate to mount the unit. When the MAKA first came out it used 4 screws to mount to a machine. 2 at the very top and 2 at the very bottom. Most of the time it had a silver bullnose faceplate. As time progessed validators started using the faceplate as the mount to install in the machine. It would be either a small ~ 1 x 3 hole or with any luck a full size hole that the complete faceplate would fit through. If it has the full size hole just about anything will work with the right harness. Unfortunately the 145 is not one of those.

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome! glad the company is standing behind their product warranty!

I got the replacement validator in today and put it in the machine. It works, but is still very slow taking the bill.I guess it's like me old and slow but get the job done none the less. lol

Archived