Snack Machine "hang Ups"

dogcow

probably a stupid question but ive been having a problem with products hanging in the snack machine particularly peanut m&ms in the 18ct auger. it just doesnt seem to turn quite far enough is there some adjustment for this i have a rowe 5900jr

also some of the chips get hung up too it looks like it might be the chips grease making them stick to the augers. this especially happens with the small light bags like cheetos and especially when the bags are a little overinflated.

any tips ?!! people have been shaking the machine i am worried someone is gonna tip it over

at least they are nice enough to return most of the free snacks they shake out.

HI,

As far as the PMM hanging up, make sure the spiral is orientated correctly on the motor (the end "tip" being at about 5 oclock....I don't have a Rowe but spirals can normaly be put on in different orientations)....also, don't use overinflated or over filled products...if it's tight it ain't right...

Having the machine properly leveled also helps....Also, you can also buy the small plastic "pushers" that slip onto the spirals to give it that last little "push" off the shelf(VEII and other companies sell them as well).

As far as forcing overinflated products (or over filled for that matter) don't do that or you will be asking for trouble....the product needs to NOT bind or rub too hard on the spiral itself (should move in and out freely)...if it does require forcing, either put in a larger spaced spiral or use the product elsewhere (in an appropriately sized spiral)...

A little "food grease" on the spiral should not affect things that much (it's most likely the food item is too big for the spiral to start with....if it is tight do NOT force it in) but should probably be cleaned off anyways so people won't thing the machine is filthy.

Hope this helps you.

Andrew

HI,

As far as the PMM hanging up, make sure the spiral is orientated correctly on the motor (the end "tip" being at about 5 oclock....I don't have a Rowe but spirals can normaly be put on in different orientations)....also, don't use overinflated or over filled products...if it's tight it ain't right...

Having the machine properly leveled also helps....Also, you can also buy the small plastic "pushers" that slip onto the spirals to give it that last little "push" off the shelf(VEII and other companies sell them as well).

As far as forcing overinflated products (or over filled for that matter) don't do that or you will be asking for trouble....the product needs to NOT bind or rub too hard on the spiral itself (should move in and out freely)...if it does require forcing, either put in a larger spaced spiral or use the product elsewhere (in an appropriately sized spiral)...

A little "food grease" on the spiral should not affect things that much (it's most likely the food item is too big for the spiral to start with....if it is tight do NOT force it in) but should probably be cleaned off anyways so people won't thing the machine is filthy.

Hope this helps you.

Andrew

i have product pushers(the plastic tips) on the spirals doesnt seem to help, ur prob right about the orientation ill check that in the manual

so what do you do about the overinflated bags? toss them?

HI,

As far as the overinflated bags, you can sell them in some of the larger spirals probably (if you don't have the larger spirals (ones that hold FEWER products with a wider gap between the openings, you can probably order some from VEII or other companies).

Another alternative (and one that I often use) is to put them into a "pig tail" machine (these are older machines without trays...products are hung from metal rods that look like long corkscrews or "pig tails".....This is probably something that most people won't have handy tho.

If you service convenience stores where products are placed on shelves this is a good way to sell you over inflated products....Also "honor box" systems can be used to sell the fatter packages.

The last way that I know of (and NOT necessarily the best) is to take a pin and let some air out...Of course by doing this the package is now opened and subject to becoming stale faster (also if you don't close the hole up bugs can get in...this method is NOT recommended BUT I have heard of people doing it)....IF you do this, it would probably be best to put the products up front on some of your faster selling accounts to get them sold sooner rather than later.

Andrew

HI,

As far as the overinflated bags, you can sell them in some of the larger spirals probably (if you don't have the larger spirals (ones that hold FEWER products with a wider gap between the openings, you can probably order some from VEII or other companies).

Another alternative (and one that I often use) is to put them into a "pig tail" machine (these are older machines without trays...products are hung from metal rods that look like long corkscrews or "pig tails".....This is probably something that most people won't have handy tho.

If you service convenience stores where products are placed on shelves this is a good way to sell you over inflated products....Also "honor box" systems can be used to sell the fatter packages.

The last way that I know of (and NOT necessarily the best) is to take a pin and let some air out...Of course by doing this the package is now opened and subject to becoming stale faster (also if you don't close the hole up bugs can get in...this method is NOT recommended BUT I have heard of people doing it)....IF you do this, it would probably be best to put the products up front on some of your faster selling accounts to get them sold sooner rather than later.

Andrew

ill put them in the honor boxes,good idea

Archived