New In Cali

MrGranger

Hi. I just started to get into this biz as a side project, but it's been a lot of fun so far. It started as an extension to our publishing business and a way to expand. I've got a truckload of machines that travel with me to shows now and am looking for So. Cali locations to plant a few. I'm doing mix toys with some custom made products that tie-in to our graphic novels. So far it's been a big hit at the entertainment shows and I'm hoping that it will be popular at placed locations as well.

Shawn

179840_192625064100126_114872721875361_607018_6454431_n.jpg

http://www.kingtractorpress.com

Welcome to TVF. Great place to learn.

Nice machines. You may want to consider a rack with casters on the bottom to roll around. Sure would save you some work.

Thanks...and yes, I've got a lot to learn. Nice to find a place that helps.

I've thought about the rack but the problem is that my shows are never the same space. Plus I've got some new tricks in the works so that my machines get some more attention. (Though I am not sure I'll be able to bring these to every show.) These require individual stands.

6410305.jpg

I do sell the full line of these machines on my website if anyone is interest. Each is hand build so they'll be slightly different from my pic.

Thanks for the great info around here, I've been reading a lot of old posts. So much hidden gold here.

Thanks...and yes, I've got a lot to learn. Nice to find a place that helps.

I've thought about the rack but the problem is that my shows are never the same space. Plus I've got some new tricks in the works so that my machines get some more attention. (Though I am not sure I'll be able to bring these to every show.) These require individual stands.

6410305.jpg

I do sell the full line of these machines on my website if anyone is interest. Each is hand build so they'll be slightly different from my pic.

Thanks for the great info around here, I've been reading a lot of old posts. So much hidden gold here.

So you're the one who's been selling those on ebay? I saw those and thought they were interesting, but not so interesting that I wanted to pay the $1000 price tag for one. How well do they do for selling product? BTW, we all decided that you needed to sell sticky eyeballs from that machine.

So you're the one who's been selling those on ebay? I saw those and thought they were interesting, but not so interesting that I wanted to pay the $1000 price tag for one. How well do they do for selling product? BTW, we all decided that you needed to sell sticky eyeballs from that machine.

Ha...I've thought about it. Anything glow-in-the-dark sells great. I'm actually creating my own horror stickers/tattoos/buttons to sell out of these bad boys. I also have a "demon" machine filled with Numb Skullz, Bok Choy Boys, Domo, Freaky Geeks, and other little figures. I keep testing out different mixes as I go to shows. I write horror/sci-fi graphic novels so these work great as an additional draw to my booth.

That's not me on ebay, it's the manufacturer selling them, and he does get $1k for them. He sold a dozen or so last week. They are probably worth that...but I'm a bit of a small timer. I got some for my shows and because of the # I bought I made a deal with him. He let's me offer them at a cheaper price while I'm ordering for my shows. So if you order through me instead of directly then you'll save some $$ because I get the discount. And if you want a tabletop version (without the custom stand) I can work it cheaper. I won't cut into his ebay selling considering he's offering me a good deal...but if anyone here is interested the offer is open.

Shawn

BTW...for those who already have gumball machines and stands, you can get just the body for $299 plus shipping for right now. I was the first to ask for that so Jay's agreed to start offering them up. He's got them cheap I think because it's the off season but I expect they'll rise when demand gets too high.

• 3 weeks later...

This was a very small show at the Pasadena Rosebowl & Flea Market. I didn't do too bad, but I was not in the best location. I also think that gum or candy would have been better. I won't be doing this show again as I'm too busy with the bigger, longer shows. As my setup grows it's hard for me to do one-day shows.

P1010474-1.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived