I Got A Walmart Front Entrance Location!!!!!!!!!!

T BIRD

I had a location to deliver a 2 head A&A Global machine to this morning on my way to work. ( Walmart ) The plan was to place it in the employee break room as discussed with him on the phone by my locator ( MidWest ).

When I got there, the manager was called to the front of the store.  My cart had the machine on it and it was covered with a large black plastic garbage bag because it was raining out.

So he says to me"  Can I at least see a picture of it?  Or can you take the bag off? " I complied saying it was brand new etc.  He knew it was for Children's Cancer.  He took one good look at it and then glanced at the front of the store in the area that all the BIG players have their racks and other machines at.  He said...." go ahead and put it out fron next to the Coca Cola machine "!!!!!!!!!! My heart started beating like crazy!!  I said " yes sir "!!!.  I hurried and placed the machine in front and then ran out of the store before he could change his mind!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i want the video of you running out of the store and then getting in the car and giggling like a little kid.

good job

That was my thought exactly! That must have been a hilarious sight! John, I bet you looked like you just cashed in a winning lottery ticket.

Steve

I agree John. Marjorie has been successful in getting the Walmart breakrooms and they've been doing very well.  Consider the front entrance a major bonus - I hope you get to keep it...

Steve

Yeah Steve.  I really enjoy working with MidWest and Marjorie and Jacqueline there.  They got me an Old Navy breakroom the other day that looks VERY promising.  The workers there were all over the machine before I left.  ( I guess it helped that I passed out quarters also....lol )

the good people of midwest got me a nice spot in front of walmart too. Not like your new spot though. They got me a location at the Auntie Annes pretzel shop that is in the front. I have my DI machine right there in front of the store for all the walmart shoppers  to use :)

Thanks JB.  I will be sure to post them.

I want to take a moment and thank everyone for their support and good cheer here. This is what this web site is all about.  The support, friendship, and teaching one another.  What a blessing this site has been to me.

I gotta tell you.....if this machine stays there and does well, naturally I will be thrilled.  If it is moved or taken, oh well..........just rack it up as a learning experience for this man. And lord knows I have had many learning experiences over my nearly 57 years.

There is one thing that no one can take away from me though.  That feeling yesterday morning when the manager took a good look at my sharp looking A&A double and told me to put it in the front with the big boys.  What a freakin rush that was!!  It was wonderful!  I felt like a little kid there with that machine.  Someone had mentioned to me ( I think it was Jimbo when I first joined here ) to make sure I will enjoy this business before investing in lots of machines etc.  Well there is no doubt, I am enjoying the short time I have been active as a vendor and look forward to having lots of fun with this business and hopeful to make a few bucks too!!

Johnny:

You should take a picture of it on site. You could post it on your website or use it for marketing material. When you look for more locations you can claim to have Wal-Mart as a customer. This might leverage some other accounts for you.

Regards,

Philo

John,

Maybe you should lock your machine to something in the foyer of Walmart. Just in case one of the big guys sees it and decides to walk away with it. It would be a shame if they did that but Walmart is a big account for them and it may bother them to see you in there. Just looking out for you...

Gary

Not to put a damper on the glory, but I had a machine at the front counter of a local pizza place.  They had a huge rack of about 10 heads in the back corner of the store.  I was so happy to put mine in the front.  I went back a month later to service it only to find it in the back closet.  The manager I placed it with didn't realize the owner had a contract with the national vendor who claimed he had exclusive rights.  So you can bet the National Vendor at Walmart will be greedy too.  Keep us posted.