I Got A Walmart Front Entrance Location!!!!!!!!!!

T BIRD

I will keep folks posted Remarc.  Kyle actually has the right idea for me. Instead of just waiting for the inevitable to happen to that machine, I think I am gonna speak with the manager about moving it to the break room where it was supposed to go in the first place.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could write up a contract and state where the machines are placed. Have the manager sign it, then that way he would be liable for the move or disappearence of the machine. I'm sure the big boys have a similar contract. As I said in my previous post, chain it to the big boys machines.

You have to understand that these deals are brokered by big management firms.  They pay a higher percentage to be at these spots.  So I wouldn't place my machine there without the present vendor knowing about it.  He would not be too happy if someone chained their equipment. How would you feel if someone did that to one of your machines?  I would suggest putting the bulk in the breakroom.

Zeke

You have to understand that these deals are brokered by big management firms.  They pay a higher percentage to be at these spots.  So I wouldn't place my machine there without the present vendor knowing about it.  He would not be too happy if someone chained their equipment. How would you feel if someone did that to one of your machines?  I would suggest putting the bulk in the breakroom.

Zeke

Zeke.......I would NEVER entertain the idea of chaining my machine to those machines. I actually stopped by there on my way to work this morning to speak with the manager. He was too busy to speak with me.  I am gonna talk with him about the break room.

When I suggested chaining and locking your machine, I did not mean chain it to the other guys machines. I would talk to the manager first and ask him if you can chain it to something that is stationary in the foyer of the store. Tell him you are worried about someone walking off with it. This way you remind him about your machine and the charity that he was interested in, and that you want to be able to give the charity a nice donation from his customers. Maybe talking to him about the breakroom will get you another machine in there.

Wow! that would help that charity even more.

Gary

Hi Gary......I know you did not mean chain it to a machine buddy. That's actually a good idea Gary in terms of chaining it to the wall somehow.  I may look into that. Hey.....its a free country and I do NOT see signs that say" the front lobby of Walmart is only for the big players and ol' timers who pay big commission to us ". They should really go to the manager and complain...........right gang?

Gary......when will you be receiving your rack from Gum Ball Factory?

The manager you spoke to is the LOWEST on the food chain when making decisions of that nature. They will find a way to get rid of it even if it is chained.

And yes, walmart front lobbies are only for bigger players who pay high commissions to walmart stores.

There was probably some confusion between your self and management. Walmart is big on Shriner's children magical network. Each "big guy" is required to put 1 machine in for that charity, and gives 100% to that charity APC.

Move it to the breakroom. Walmart stores have 100's of employees each. There is less of a risk. Corporate guys will have your machines tossed. Plus Coinstar, or whatever company, will throw a big fit. My good friend who is a walmart manager would not let me put a rack in. HE SAID: "they have in there contracts that there will be no other vendors/amusement operators in there district locations" . Walmart has there stores divided out into sections of stores. Each company BIDS ON THE CONTRACT in order to receive the 20 to 30 stores.

If walmart corporate wants your machine gone, it WILL BE GONE. That is violating the contract terms that the big guys paid for.

Kyle

Yeah well even if you pull it out of the front lobby and put it in the breakroom, I think you will make good money at the location. A Walmart breakroom should do GREAT! Especially if somehow there isnt any other bulk machine there. TONS of employees, open 24/7. So even if you move it, it will be a great location I think.

Yeah well even if you pull it out of the front lobby and put it in the breakroom, I think you will make good money at the location. A Walmart breakroom should do GREAT! Especially if somehow there isnt any other bulk machine there. TONS of employees, open 24/7. So even if you move it, it will be a great location I think.

Youre right Chad.  I am gonna try and do it on Monday.

I wouldn`t move it till I had too.

when the "big guys" come and golpher,then you  move it.you were given permission,earn some of that wal-mart piece of the vending pie.

what product you got in there?

I have Skittles and Jelly Belly gum balls in it Antonio.

Checked my double at Walmart yesterday.  Amazing!  Skittles and Jelly Belly gumballs are goin' fast.  The machine has been there for less than 2  weeks. Both heads went from 3/4 to less than 1/2 full.

Checked my double at Walmart yesterday.  Amazing!  Skittles and Jelly Belly gumballs are goin' fast.  The machine has been there for less than 2  weeks. Both heads went from 3/4 to less than 1/2 full.

This guy John is me gang......:cool:

Holy Macrel!!

I stopped by Walmart on the way to work this morning to check on my Elite double head machine in the front lobby.  Its been 13 days since I placed it there. I opened up both heads and took the quarters out:  $46.75!! 

I changed my mind about this location.  I am going to fight to keep it. I did nothing wrong.  I simply followed the store manager's direction to place it in the front lobby.  On the way home I am going to check if there is something I can tie the machine to so it will not disappear that easily.

John,  Good collection.  Congrats.  But I would still move it.  Once the other vendor figures out that your machines are there they will move them.  They have the right to do so.  They are paying a mangement company extra money for this location.  What your doing is infringing on their business.  Personaly I have the possibility of a similar deal.  If someone else put a crane next to mine and I have the contract which I am paying premium for, I would have it removed immediately.  Chain or no chain.  Also some of the route guys that work for these so called big guys are not the brightest bulbs in the world.  They may decide to do things the wrong way.  Your going to do the right thing in the long run by putting the machine in the breakroom.  Who knows you might get away with it for a while, but at some point it will be moved.

Just my 2 cents.  I hope it works out for you.

Zeke

John,

I guess I'm going to cut against the grain here. I hope I don't ruffle too many feathers. Please don't crucify me fella's

I would leave it. You are free to place that machine anywhere you have the permission to do so. If the other vendors take issue, that is between them and Wal-Mart management. You are only doing as you were told to by them. If the big guys have a non-compete in force and they feel your machine is taking sales from them, they need to bring that to the attention of Wal Mart management. If they (big guys) take matters into their own hands, I'm sure that Wal Mart has the area covered with cameras so it would be very easy for you to bring theft charges against them.

Here is how I would handle this.

Become the "local" guy to management. Befriend them as much as you can. They will be your most valuable ally in the event that something happens.

Convey to them your concerns about vandalism and ask if you can install some sort of theft preventative. Let them know that you will be responsible for installation and complete removal should they want you to remove your machine. It doesnt have to be something strong. Obviously it would not be intended to "prevent" theft but it will go a long way towards prosecution. If you have video of someone actually cuting any type of theft preventative to take your machine that will work in your favor.

Replace that nice machine with a used one off of eBay. If something does happen to your machine it will be much better if it happens to a used one that you didn't spend much on.

If you bring in $100 this month, from here on out should be pure profit (minus COGS) so anything you can get until something happens is free money. Milk it for what its worth!

Shorten your service cycles and don't overfill the machine to limit your losses should something happen.

Expect your machine to not be there when you service. That way, every time it is there, it, and any money inside, will be a bonus!

Some personal experience...

I too have a machine in a local K Mart. Right smack dab next to a 12 way beaver rack and 2 cranes. I had the same reservations as everyone else here but I put in an older single that I spent $30 on. I never thought it would last, much less draw any business. That machine is still there, pulling in quarters 13 months later.

These are just my thoughts. Good luck, whatever you decide.

Steve