Can I Use This Dbv In This Machine?

Pbuckler

I've been having troubles with my Maka DBV in a National 145 machine. I found a Coinco BA50SA-RLA and before I buy it I'm wondering if it will work in my mahine. I can't find much info about these DBV online. I only know they operate on 110V and use MDB. The National 145 doesn't use MDB so I'm wondering if there is a harness out there I could use. Thanks!

I've been having troubles with my Maka DBV in a National 145 machine. I found a Coinco BA50SA-RLA and before I buy it I'm wondering if it will work in my mahine. I can't find much info about these DBV online. I only know they operate on 110V and use MDB. The National 145 doesn't use MDB so I'm wondering if there is a harness out there I could use. Thanks!

The Maka`s that I have had in the past were 24V. If the Coinco is 110V then it won`t work. If the problem was the data harness then it should not be too difficult to get a harness that will work.

At least that`s my take, I`d suggest waiting for Bill to chime in before making a final decision if you can. He is the best one around here for this kind of stuff.

A Coinco can work but it must be a BA30BAB. It would also need a mounting kit as the mouthpiece and mounting brackets are different. The SA has a serial interface that the 145 does not interface with so don't buy this one. The 145 is a 110v interface.

Mission, it is odd that you only had 24v units as they were the less common of the MAKA's.

I hate to say it Pete, but it seems as if you are spending a lot of time and effort trying to skirt the inevitable. You need to get your MAKA either repaired or get a rebuilt or known good one.

Mission, it is odd that you only had 24v units as they were the less common of the MAKA's.

I currently don't have any Maka's, the only ones I can remember ever having came on some CD6SA USI machines around 10-12 years ago and I replaced those with Coinco's when they finally bit the dust.

I have the same setup - My tech had to replace the coin mech - (board had a short) and get the maka rebuilt - machine was down for about 3 days.

It cost me labor, parts, rebuilding DBV 300.00

to replace it with a better DBV with new wiring harness etc wouldv'e cost around 500+

The Maka`s that I have had in the past were 24V. If the Coinco is 110V then it won`t work. If the problem was the data harness then it should not be too difficult to get a harness that will work.

At least that`s my take, I`d suggest waiting for Bill to chime in before making a final decision if you can. He is the best one around here for this kind of stuff.

D&S Vending sells a kit to put a Mars 2000 DBV in the only thing you need is the validator.I have a 472 that has the same setup to convert mine.

John

Archived