Expansion Opportunity

antoniocinisi

I had a soda rep approach me about expanding my route with his third party soda machines.they are snapple/7up/RC cola branded machines.I didnt get all the details,this guy was a branch manager and is going to send another guy to talk to me.I said yes to one machine to put at work.I dont want or have room for more machines in my "island".my questions to you full liners:

1)since R/C isnt as popular as coke or pepsi do these machines do as well??we have no machines around that sells snapple tea and it seems to be popular around here.

2)should I expand into full line with R/C or with coke?

I want to mention that coke sent 2 techs 1 3 times and another once before they figured out and fixed the relay problem after many frozen sodas.they even changed the compressor,but cant complain to much about that.

if this machine was at another location I probably would have gotten kicked out.if I had this guy come during the last week or two before they fixed it I probably would have switched I was so frustrated.I have to go to work,but I want to point out coke sent a non working machine that took for ever to fix since it took a week before they would come look at it each time.

I had a soda rep approach me about expanding my route with his third party soda machines.they are snapple/7up/RC cola branded machines.I didnt get all the details,this guy was a branch manager and is going to send another guy to talk to me.I said yes to one machine to put at work.I dont want or have room for more machines in my "island".my questions to you full liners:

1)since R/C isnt as popular as coke or pepsi do these machines do as well??we have no machines around that sells snapple tea and it seems to be popular around here.

2)should I expand into full line with R/C or with coke?

I want to mention that coke sent 2 techs 1 3 times and another once before they figured out and fixed the relay problem after many frozen sodas.they even changed the compressor,but cant complain to much about that.

if this machine was at another location I probably would have gotten kicked out.if I had this guy come during the last week or two before they fixed it I probably would have switched I was so frustrated.I have to go to work,but I want to point out coke sent a non working machine that took for ever to fix since it took a week before they would come look at it each time.

Expanding this way may be something worth considering. While RC isn't as popular it will still sell and in some locations sell well. With the lesser brand you might also be able to get permission from them to slip in one or two selection of other brands without them getting all upset about it. I would focus on the Snapple products and as you get to know the locations, as appropriate, suggest bringing in an additional soda machine supplied by Coke.

You will occasionally have tech problems with any of the bottlers, that's just the way it is. It one of those little aggravations you have to accept if you want to continue to use their equipment. The only other alternative is to go buy the parts and do it yourself. If you have a good working relationship with the location most of the time they will be understanding and sometimes it helps to get them to call the bottler as well.

Archived