dead bill acceptor help (coinco ba30b)

dogcow

hi buying a dn368 , guy who is selling it is not in vending, he just got it free somewhere machine looked to work good but the bill acceptor didnt work. wondering if its something simple or needs to be replaced.

basically i plugged it into the coin mech, but no LED lights showed on the motherboard. acceptor would not take dollars and didnt make the "clicking ' noise when i opened the bill box. when i powered down the door and powered it back on the led went on for a second and the bill box made the "clicking" noise like normal but it didnt seem to fix anything. i took the lower housing out of the acceptor everything seemed fine with it. no jammed bill or anything so far as i can tell. any ideas?

i do have spare bill acceptors however i never replaced one before, so if anyone has directions on how i do that, i would appreciate it.

hi buying a dn368 , guy who is selling it is not in vending, he just got it free somewhere machine looked to work good but the bill acceptor didnt work. wondering if its something simple or needs to be replaced.

basically i plugged it into the coin mech, but no LED lights showed on the motherboard. acceptor would not take dollars and didnt make the "clicking ' noise when i opened the bill box. when i powered down the door and powered it back on the led went on for a second and the bill box made the "clicking" noise like normal but it didnt seem to fix anything. i took the lower housing out of the acceptor everything seemed fine with it. no jammed bill or anything so far as i can tell. any ideas?

i do have spare bill acceptors however i never replaced one before, so if anyone has directions on how i do that, i would appreciate it.

Assuming this is a single price machine you will need to have product in at least one column (to turn off the sold out lamp) and nickels, dimes and quarters in the changer. The machine won't take money of there is no product to vend, and won;t take bills if it cannot pay out change.

Have we gotten that far yet?

Assuming this is a single price machine you will need to have product in at least one column (to turn off the sold out lamp) and nickels, dimes and quarters in the changer. The machine won't take money of there is no product to vend, and won;t take bills if it cannot pay out change.

Have we gotten that far yet?

bill, i remembered about the coin tubes..but not about having product in there

if theres no product will the motor still trigger when you open the bill box? will the led light go out if theres no product?

does the machine cut the power or something.

thanks!

bill, i remembered about the coin tubes..but not about having product in there

if theres no product will the motor still trigger when you open the bill box? will the led light go out if theres no product?

does the machine cut the power or something.

thanks!

I cannot be 100% sure, it has been a while since I have even seen that scenario. I would guess that since the machine was empty and the coin mech is to be shut down as well it probably would go right into shut down and not just inhibit, so no the motor probably won't cycle.

I cannot be 100% sure, it has been a while since I have even seen that scenario. I would guess that since the machine was empty and the coin mech is to be shut down as well it probably would go right into shut down and not just inhibit, so no the motor probably won't cycle.

thanks ! ill just have them drop it on loc and bring an extra one with me, do you know of a reference for installing by any chance in case i have to switch it out? i looked at the coinco manual but it says it varies by machine

thanks ! ill just have them drop it on loc and bring an extra one with me, do you know of a reference for installing by any chance in case i have to switch it out? i looked at the coinco manual but it says it varies by machine

You will need an 11/32 nutdriver to get the nuts off unless someone used the oddball 1/4 nuts. Just remove the bill box, loosen the two screws on the bottom until they are about to fall off. and the hunt down the other two (up about 3 inches on the right and left sides) and remove those all the way.

Always try to unplug the machine whenever you can when you are working on electrical parts.

ok i put the machine on location...put product in it...put a mech in it...loaded the mech full, loaded the drinks full. checked the mech was set at the right price... plugged the acceptor into the mech.put power to the door back on the light on the acceptor went on(no error codes)...put a bill in

the acceptor took the bill, fed it into the stacker but did NOT credit the mech :(

so it took the money and didnt return change or anything didn't allow me to buy a drink.

now the mech is a coinco 9370, i had enabled dollar acceptance with the dip switch marked "$" or something like that..however i have never used this mech before i got it in a batch of refurbs which were allegedly tested. the mech appeared to accept coins and make change fine...

any thoughts? do i have a bad validator? bad mech? wire harness?

would it make sense to try another mech before buying a new validator?

• 3 weeks later...

You will need an 11/32 nutdriver to get the nuts off unless someone used the oddball 1/4 nuts. Just remove the bill box, loosen the two screws on the bottom until they are about to fall off. and the hunt down the other two (up about 3 inches on the right and left sides) and remove those all the way.

Always try to unplug the machine whenever you can when you are working on electrical parts.

hey just want to say thanks for the info on which type of nutdriver to use saved me an extra trip !

Archived