Cooling problems

cashman

I have a Seaga HF2500 (I know don't say its junk, I know) Snack/combo machine that has stopped cooling and the fan seems to run non stop, My question is how do I tell if its the compressor or maybe just the temp sensor or something along those lines? can I test the compressor somehow? Thanks In advance for the replies, I love this site.

I have a Seaga HF2500 (I know don't say its junk, I know) Snack/combo machine that has stopped cooling and the fan seems to run non stop, My question is how do I tell if its the compressor or maybe just the temp sensor or something along those lines? can I test the compressor somehow? Thanks In advance for the replies, I love this site.

What fan is running? The one inside the machine or the one by the compressor?

The fan next to the compressor (condensor fan) and the compressor are hooked up in a series circuit.If that fan is running then the compressor should be running and since it is running we know that it is not the thermostat.

Now we need to determine if the compressor itself is running with the fan. If it is, your unit is probably low on gas. It may be just dirty but it would need to be really dirty. If the compressor is not running with the fan then either the pump itself is gone or the controls on the side of the pump are junk.

Hi Cashman, I've just sent you my number but probably won't be much more help than the posts you have here already. To save money on the repair you can pull the entire unit yourself and take to someone to get fixed versus calling someone in to pull it out. You can also call Freshomatic. They won't help with much but they do have a checklist of things for you to go through that will help determine what part of the machine is not working. I thought it was quite useful at the time. Any questions pls call, good luck.

Archived