Drink machine sources

medic2230

I've been reading on here alot about different places such as craig'slist and ebay to purchase drink machines. I've seen where some people have bought train car loads of machines for $100 each. I've seen where some have also mentioned about buying when the big vendor's (Coke and Pepsi) would sell off their older machines. Where or how do you find out about when and where you can get in on these sales?

I've been reading on here alot about different places such as craig'slist and ebay to purchase drink machines. I've seen where some people have bought train car loads of machines for $100 each. I've seen where some have also mentioned about buying when the big vendor's (Coke and Pepsi) would sell off their older machines. Where or how do you find out about when and where you can get in on these sales?

Those kind of deals (tractor trailer loads) have pretty much gone the way of the dodo bird. The bottlers finally figured out how much money they were giving away and they have created regional remanufacturing centers to refurb their own equipment. Anything they can't refurb is scrapped.

just bought a single price dixie 368 for 200 bucks (w/out coin mech) off craiglist,great condition, u just have to be patient

Those kind of deals (tractor trailer loads) have pretty much gone the way of the dodo bird. The bottlers finally figured out how much money they were giving away and they have created regional remanufacturing centers to refurb their own equipment. Anything they can't refurb is scrapped.

i dunno winn-dixie blew out all their USI soda machines around here u could get em for $80-100 as-is

just bought a single price dixie 368 for 200 bucks (w/out coin mech) off craiglist,great condition, u just have to be patient

i dunno winn-dixie blew out all their USI soda machines around here u could get em for $80-100 as-is

here in phoenix - Pepsi pulls their older machines and some of the big vending repair and vending companies buy them as-is and go through them and repair if needed then sell them

I'm sure deals like that will always pop up from time to time but the point I was trying to convey is that these deals are not nearly as common as they once were.

I bought one of those Winn-Dixie machines for 50 bucks,all that was wrong with it was the coin mech was bad and the sign face was broke.I have the machine working ,but still need to get a new face.

John

Thanks for the replies. Well that's a disappointment that they are refurbing everything now. I'm been scanning craigslist daily as far as 250 miles away and all I'm finding are machines that don't have keys or missing validators, overpriced or are older than I am and of no use. Only thing I've found locally was an ice cream machine on location for sale. Kinda funny how locally I always find something I'm not looking for. lol Has anyone tried looking at bigger vending companies to see if they are selling anything or is that pretty much not worth it if they are selling anything?

IMO with the bigger vending companies, if they are selling off a machine for a decent price, it usually means that it is going to be a major pain in the behind, unless you find one that is going out or getting out of the business.

Thanks for the replies. Well that's a disappointment that they are refurbing everything now. I'm been scanning craigslist daily as far as 250 miles away and all I'm finding are machines that don't have keys or missing validators, overpriced or are older than I am and of no use. Only thing I've found locally was an ice cream machine on location for sale. Kinda funny how locally I always find something I'm not looking for. lol Has anyone tried looking at bigger vending companies to see if they are selling anything or is that pretty much not worth it if they are selling anything?

if you see something overpriced just offer what ever you think is fair and if they reject it, follow up in a few months if the item is still being re-listed.

remember money talks and BS walks. There are a LOT of "tire kickers" on craigslist. 6 mo ago i saw an ad for a location for sale for $3,200. I offered $750 he said it was too far below what he was asking.

I replied with this :

I know most people i've talked to about buying locations have said almost everyone they deal with is a dreamer /doesn't have the money. I have cash in hand.

now the location was continually re-listed for 6 months with lower price. Finally the last ad was for $1,200 and had something like "please no more tire kickers if you dont have the money dont call" on it.

I repeated my offer for $750 and mentioned i had the cash ready to close any time. He called me back finally sounding exasperated and accepted my offer tentatively pending a meeting with one last "tire kicker" who was offering more money. It turns out the last guy was serious and bought the location, which is fine, it was a little out of my way anyway

but the point of the story is never be afraid to offer less..the worst they can say is no!

I bought one of those Winn-Dixie machines for 50 bucks,all that was wrong with it was the coin mech was bad and the sign face was broke.I have the machine working ,but still need to get a new face.

John

i was thinking of buying a few and putting them in a storage but i didnt know anything about those machines and they were very large and they seemed to only accept 12oz cans (despite being multiprice) so it seemed like it was not very flexible so i decided to pass..was i right about only accepting 12oz can?

if you see something overpriced just offer what ever you think is fair and if they reject it, follow up in a few months if the item is still being re-listed.

remember money talks and BS walks. There are a LOT of "tire kickers" on craigslist. 6 mo ago i saw an ad for a location for sale for $3,200. I offered $750 he said it was too far below what he was asking.

I replied with this :

I know most people i've talked to about buying locations have said almost everyone they deal with is a dreamer /doesn't have the money. I have cash in hand.

now the location was continually re-listed for 6 months with lower price. Finally the last ad was for $1,200 and had something like "please no more tire kickers if you dont have the money dont call" on it.

I repeated my offer for $750 and mentioned i had the cash ready to close any time. He called me back finally sounding exasperated and accepted my offer tentatively pending a meeting with one last "tire kicker" who was offering more money. It turns out the last guy was serious and bought the location, which is fine, it was a little out of my way anyway

but the point of the story is never be afraid to offer less..the worst they can say is no!

i was thinking of buying a few and putting them in a storage but i didnt know anything about those machines and they were very large and they seemed to only accept 12oz cans (despite being multiprice) so it seemed like it was not very flexible so i decided to pass..was i right about only accepting 12oz can?

I have not seen any pics of those machines but if its an older USI drink machine they use a serpentine loading system then yes it is 12 oz only. Another thing about those machines.... if the compressor fails to turn off and you freeze the cans inside well lets just say will get real ugly. The only way to remove the cans that have deformed from the expansion is to let them thaw and then hope you can twist them out of the serpentine system. If that fails you have to pop them, let the soda drain out then crush the can and pull it out.

Yep, that`s it. There is a pic to the right showing the inside wire serpentine system. The machine is also pretty heavy, around 900 lbs. As long as you know its limitations and are OK with it then for 100 bucks each I`d take a couple. They make good warehouse machines

I replied with this :

Yes it only dispenses cans but for $50 I could use it in a locations that has water coolers.

John

• 2 months later...

I bought 3 of them from my local winn dixie too. none had keys. one has a bad condensor. On a better note the inside door had a pad lock on it, so no acces to the cash. when we got that lock off we found the DBV FULL the tubes full and the bucket on the bottom more than 3/4 full of change total money in that machine....303.50! AWESOME find!!

I bought 3 of them from my local winn dixie too. none had keys. one has a bad condensor. On a better note the inside door had a pad lock on it, so no acces to the cash. when we got that lock off we found the DBV FULL the tubes full and the bucket on the bottom more than 3/4 full of change total money in that machine....303.50! AWESOME find!!

Sure is cool when that happens. Have found lots of $$ in used machines over the years.

John

John do you still need a new faceplate?

Archived