Compostable Sun Chips bags get quieter 2nd chance

it jut goes to show you people will find any reason to complain i bought sun chips when the bag first came out and really didnt think much of it until the whole "loud bag" protest started showing up on the web and in the media. i really cant believe people were so against it

it jut goes to show you people will find any reason to complain i bought sun chips when the bag first came out and really didnt think much of it until the whole "loud bag" protest started showing up on the web and in the media. i really cant believe people were so against it

Who really composts bags they get from a vending machine anyway? lol

Who really composts bags they get from a vending machine anyway? lol

well i assume the point is they will degrade if they end up discarded instead of thrown in the trash, i mean thats certainly better than joining the giant island of plastic the size of texas thats floating around in the pacific ocean, in my opinion anyway

well i assume the point is they will degrade if they end up discarded instead of thrown in the trash, i mean thats certainly better than joining the giant island of plastic the size of texas thats floating around in the pacific ocean, in my opinion anyway

I agree with you but here is some info you may not know.

The problem with landfills, is that without oxygen to create the oxidation process, the trash just stays the same. It never degrades. They did an anthropological study out of some college in NY, and they went to the landfill to look at trash from different decades, and when they got to the trash from the 50's the newspapers were still in good enough shape to read. Someone then posed the question "Why hasn't this degraded". It was realized that landfills compact the trash continually. This forces out most of the voids containing air. The landfills wouldn't make money if they let the trash sit there without compression. Thus, nothing degrades at the rate we learned about in school. This why compost piles have to be turned. We don't do that at our landfills. I personally am a fan of burning the majority of the trash to generate electricity. and recycling the remaining materials.

The problem with landfills, is that without oxygen to create the oxidation process, the trash just stays the same. It never degrades. They did an anthropological study out of some college in NY, and they went to the landfill to look at trash from different decades, and when they got to the trash from the 50's the newspapers were still in good enough shape to read. Someone then posed the question "Why hasn't this degraded". It was realized that landfills compact the trash continually. This forces out most of the voids containing air. The landfills wouldn't make money if they let the trash sit there without compression. Thus, nothing degrades at the rate we learned about in school. This why compost piles have to be turned. We don't do that at our landfills. I personally am a fan of burning the majority of the trash to generate electricity. and recycling the remaining materials.

no i know that,but if you read my post carefully i said discarded not thrown away... i mean to say, just tossed out of the car window or something, not put in the trash bin

i dont know if we can burn trash safely, because of all the plastics and stuff im not sure if that stuff is safe to burn i dont really know how all that works tho, maybe its filtered out ?

no i know that,but if you read my post carefully i said discarded not thrown away... i mean to say, just tossed out of the car window or something, not put in the trash bin

i dont know if we can burn trash safely, because of all the plastics and stuff im not sure if that stuff is safe to burn i dont really know how all that works tho, maybe its filtered out ?

I know we have one of these plants about 50 miles away, that profits for the county by selling electricity that it produces. The trash is separated before it goes to the furnace. The then filter the exhaust through scrubbers in a tall stack, and have very few emissions.

I know we have one of these plants about 50 miles away, that profits for the county by selling electricity that it produces. The trash is separated before it goes to the furnace. The then filter the exhaust through scrubbers in a tall stack, and have very few emissions.

ur in tampa right? i used to live there for 10yrs where is that?

I personally am a fan of burning the majority of the trash to generate electricity. and recycling the remaining materials.

So am I! but then you have the dumb golpher whiners that start golphering about the air pollution no matter how little it is.

• 2 weeks later...

ur in tampa right? i used to live there for 10yrs where is that?

I actually learned a bit more myself today. We have one plant in Pinellas, one in Hillsborough, and one in Pasco in Shady Hills.

Archived