dn368 vending 2 cans

dogcow

having a problem with a dn368, its been vending 2 cans, then nothing for 2 cycles then 2 cans again.

i've attached a picture of the cam settings the one on the far left is the one with problems. it was previously 16.9oz water and i reset it for cans (all cams pictured should be set for cans), i thought i set it right and it seemed to be working right but i got complaints from the location.

any thoughts?

camsettings.jpg

The picture on the left is showing 3 valleys on the cam. This should make the machine drop one, nothing, then work right for 2 more vends then nothing. I would start by setting the cam the same as the picture on the right.

Any chance you have taking the motor out or removed the cams from the motor? It is possible to put these in 180 degrees off.

The picture on the left is showing 3 valleys on the cam. This should make the machine drop one, nothing, then work right for 2 more vends then nothing. I would start by setting the cam the same as the picture on the right.

Any chance you have taking the motor out or removed the cams from the motor? It is possible to put these in 180 degrees off.

here is what is confusing me , i guess, all the cams are in 3 diff positions yet only one is wrong, how can i tell how to set it? also not sure what you mean by "showing 3 valleys" on the cam

no i never took it out myself

thanks

this is a picture of it going thru the cycle without vending

Cam should be set in position 3. Rear spacer set in hole 19 as per Dixie

http://dixienarco.com/comSite/CustomerService/PackageSetups/tabid/164/Default.cfm

Valley meaning the notch that the switch falls into to stop the motor. Your video shows the switch fall into the valley that shouldn't be there and stop the motor prematurely. The product should vend on the next try as it needs to turn more to complete the cycle.

Cam should be set in position 3. Rear spacer set in hole 19 as per Dixie

http://dixienarco.com/comSite/CustomerService/PackageSetups/tabid/164/Default.cfm

Valley meaning the notch that the switch falls into to stop the motor. Your video shows the switch fall into the valley that shouldn't be there and stop the motor prematurely. The product should vend on the next try as it needs to turn more to complete the cycle.

sorry i know this is a stupid question but when it says

"Cam set in hole #: 3" what does that mean exactly?

ive fixed this problem before (converting the column from water to 12oz) on another machine but i think it was just dumb luck i got it working right

If you look at the holes on the brown cams you will see they are numbered. The hole with the 3 is where you want to be/

i adjusted the cam settings correctly but it is still vending 2 cans , then none, then 2 cans again

heres the cam settings, the left one is the problem column, the one on the right is functioning correctly

camsettings.jpg

heres a view up from the delivery door, the empty column is the one which isn't working right

oscilatiors.jpg

here im triggering the switch manually of the malfunctioning column, maybe this video will help in diagnosing

this video is different from the last, because its taken after i corrected the cam setting

heres a view up from the delivery door, the empty column is the one which isn't working right

oscilatiors.jpg

Did you get into my machine to snap that pic?:huh: That is EXACTLY how my machine is set up! lol empty column and all!

All I can see in the pictures is that the Dr Pepper looks like it has a small metal shim and I can't see if there is one in the empty column. If you could take a video from the underneath of the vend cycle, that may help. Also maybe a picture from the top with the good column and bad column, both empty.

If all you setting are correct you could have a bent sidewall or twisted rotator cup. To check this you would remove the cup and check both with a straight edge.

Have you tried swapping motors out with another column? If not try this and let us know what happens. If it stay in the column it is mechanical, it could follow the motor if the motor is drifting a little too much.

All I can see in the pictures is that the Dr Pepper looks like it has a small metal shim and I can't see if there is one in the empty column. If you could take a video from the underneath of the vend cycle, that may help. Also maybe a picture from the top with the good column and bad column, both empty.

If all you setting are correct you could have a bent sidewall or twisted rotator cup. To check this you would remove the cup and check both with a straight edge.

Have you tried swapping motors out with another column? If not try this and let us know what happens. If it stay in the column it is mechanical, it could follow the motor if the motor is drifting a little too much.

bill, could this be caused by a rear spacer issue? im pretty sure its set right but i will double check if it could be the problem

regarding the shim, that seems weird... because the set up on DN's website says no shims required for 12oz can or water.

ill try to check the things you mentioned, the motors look easy enough to take apart i guess im just a little concerned about reattaching them upside down,how do you prevent doing this?

bill, could this be caused by a rear spacer issue? im pretty sure its set right but i will double check if it could be the problem

regarding the shim, that seems weird... because the set up on DN's website says no shims required for 12oz can or water.

ill try to check the things you mentioned, the motors look easy enough to take apart i guess im just a little concerned about reattaching them upside down,how do you prevent doing this?

I highly doubt it is the rear spacer but anything is possible. There are so many variables in a machine that what is working in one column should be duplicated in a non-working column.

To swap the motor, makes sure the motor cams and rotor are the same in the machine, unplug the machine, remove the wires, remove the 4 screws, pull the motor forward while holding the rotor, mark the rotor with a marker.

It isn't hard, just be sure you have agood screwdriver that is the right size. The screws can be stubborn.

Archived