machines at a restaurant

Bocephus

Already posted some of this on the amusement board. Please excuse the repeat post, but this board seems more active and I do have some bulk vending questions.

Anyone on here have any experience with arcade games. Have a friend who is opening up a pizza joint and I told him I would put a couple of arcade games (golden tee and big buck hunter) in his restaurant. Anyone know the best place to buy games like this? Also, can you change the rate per game? I am not sure I want to charge more than 50 cents per game.

I am going to put a bulk candy machine and a toy machine at this location also. Any other suggestions?

I do bulk mostly,I have a video game in my pizza shop and it is a big buck hunter pro which is different and much better then a big buck hunter.then they came out with a big buck safari and an upgrade to the big buck pro which is big buck world.the very latest is a combination of big buck world and safari in the same cabinet.the price point for my game is a buck and I have had it there for years at this price and it gets a lot of play.that is for one round.I have it set up so they can play four rounds for 2.50.these are standard prices from factory too.the game is around 5k and the split usually 50/50 on arcade so at 50 cents the game needs to generate 20k to break even.I would leave the original price from factory.

you can buy games from avs.I got mine used on ebay.the game I suggested is too new to buy used.

Golden Tee is usually a quarter a hole around here. You can buy older versions of the game fairly cheap and upgrade with a new board and signage from Ebay. The newest version requires a monthly fee on the part of the operator and an internet connection to play for tourneys and such. I know a big amusement vendor local to me who said he lost his shirt on a couple of them and went back to the other versions he was running.

I must have been half asleep when I said the game needs to generate 20 k at 50 cents.the game will need to generate 10 k at a 50/50 split but they will have to play it twice as much at the 50 cent price point and putting more wear and tear on the guns.obviously it will need to generate 10k no matter the price point.if you dont think $1.00 will work I wouldnt go any lower then .75 cents.

don`t buy any game that is more then 5 years old imo.

I have cleaned the fan out because it gets a bit dusty,and I calibrate the guns every once in a blue moon.to do so you must enter the proper screen and shoot at the cross hairs.pretty easy.these newer arcade games usually dont break down often but when the done open you wallet.the parts to go first are the guns because of abuse and the monitor.the gun is about $160 and you can install it yourself it is plug and play.the other is the monitor and that is 1k if your lucky,almost always more.these buck hunters have a special monitor and that doesnt help.on the flip side it should last many years.

• 3 weeks later...

I have run some of the older versions of Buck Hunter over the last 5 years with very disappointing results. I would encourage you to find something used if possible. Golden Tee would absolutely do better than a buck hunter game.

I think it really all comes down to knowing your market. Hunting and golf are big in Florida. Both games are common in Florida, I think because the sport is common. We also have alot of games to do with fishing. Find out what others are using in your market, and you will be able to compete. New versions also seem to be key. Anything more than a couple years old will fade out.

Older games never do as good as new games but it is often too hard for a small operator to get quick enough ROI on a new machines to make the venture worth while. The key for many of these types of machines is to have them in "heavy" traffic locations like malls, bowling alleys, restraunts or even busy flea markets. Unfortunately many of the best venues are already occupied by national or regional vending operations. Bottom line.....amusement vending is a tough business for the small operator.

Archived