USA Today examines diet sodas

Here is the story:

Click here

Here is a quote from the story:

"I prefer Americans drink water or unsweetened or lightly sweetened coffee or tea, but if it is between diet beverages and juice, fruit drinks or soda with tons of sugar in them, diet beverages are preferred,"

So just what is considered healthy? Diet drinks with no nutritional value are better than fruit juices with vitamins but lots of added sugar?

Here is the story:

Click here

Here is a quote from the story:

"I prefer Americans drink water or unsweetened or lightly sweetened coffee or tea, but if it is between diet beverages and juice, fruit drinks or soda with tons of sugar in them, diet beverages are preferred,"

So just what is considered healthy? Diet drinks with no nutritional value are better than fruit juices with vitamins but lots of added sugar?

As socrates is supposed to have said "Wisest is he who knows he does not know", people would be a lot better off if we admitted medical science does not understand much. Probably about a quarter of what they purport to know. I can tell you from experience drinking a lot of tea will lead to kidney stones. Aside from water there isn't much you can really drink that there are no known risks, and then you have to wonder are there risks from the various mineral or metal deposits in the water? what about the fluoride? what about the plastic leeching in from bottled water? in the long run everyone is dead so its generally not a good use of time worrying about it.

i'd say more concerning that there is no scientific consensus on whether hfcs causes different effects in the body versus cane sugar even though its been pervasive in food preparations for over three decades.

Archived