HELP

I picked up a 5900 yesterday, decided to start getting it cleaned up today, somehow I managed to get the keypad wet and now I get nothing from it.

I removed it and put it where a breeze would get to it, hoping it would dry out, but I tend to doubt it. I realize that it is a printed circuit, so I am assuming that there would be a air bubble normally within the letters and numbers and their contact points, and now there doesn't seem to be any. Presuming that the seal is shot in this due to the current issue, does anyone know where they are available from or is it possible to send it out to get it repaired and whom would you recommend.

Thanks so much. I thought I got a great deal on the machine, especially when I got most of the non responding motors working, now I deal with this. Maybe not so good a deal.

I picked up a 5900 yesterday, decided to start getting it cleaned up today, somehow I managed to get the keypad wet and now I get nothing from it.

I removed it and put it where a breeze would get to it, hoping it would dry out, but I tend to doubt it. I realize that it is a printed circuit, so I am assuming that there would be a air bubble normally within the letters and numbers and their contact points, and now there doesn't seem to be any. Presuming that the seal is shot in this due to the current issue, does anyone know where they are available from or is it possible to send it out to get it repaired and whom would you recommend.

Thanks so much. I thought I got a great deal on the machine, especially when I got most of the non responding motors working, now I deal with this. Maybe not so good a deal.

vendors exchange probably has them

http://www.veii.com/

or this

http://cgi.ebay.com/KeyPad-KeyBoard-Rowe-5900-Snack-Vending-Machine-/230597904233?pt=BI_Vending&hash=item35b0b4c769#ht_500wt_901

Depending on how warm and humid it is, I would give it at least 48 hours to dry out enough to work right. Getting a board wet is not the end of the board. You just need to let it dry thoroughly before putting it back in service.

Thanks guys!!!

Dogcow, that is part of my issue, the keypad doesn't resemble that one. Believe it tor not, that is all I can find ion the internet as well. I am going to call VE later today and see if they have it, I have one to deliver this am, and will get the model number (I hope) off of it, or atleast a picture. For what it is worth, it has a seperate (brass??) backing plate between the numbers/letters and the tuff front. I can not find anything like it, I am starting to wonder if this is an AP key pad, it looks similiar to some of the ones I can find on here. My other thought was to see if it could be retrofitted with the style that you and I found on ebay.

Technivend, thank you!!! MY first thought was exactly that, get it out and let it dry. I am hoping that a plus to this, I was using carb cleaner to get some of the grime off, and with the fast evaporation, I thought I had it made, not so much. I have it sitting on one of my benches at my shop, heat is at about 60 and no humidity to really speak of, they are actually calling for snow again this today and later in the week - this winter just doesn't want to quit. I can not seem to find a keypad like this one on the net for Rowe though. The link that Dogcow was so kind to post above for Ebay (and I might add, it is the only type I can find on the internet for the 5900), it is totally different; extremely thin, with a (brass??) backing plate. I wish it had one like the picture shows, I think it would be easier to work on.

Another thought, hoping this will dry out, can it be sealed with silicon or is that a bad idea?? I just would like to prevent it from occurring again. The old adage of an ounce of prevention. I have several tubes in my shop in my box, so figured it maybe a good idea.

the one i linked is for a 5900jr just noticed that its a different model sorry didnt look real close

yeah it might just dry out ive had that happen with a cellphone before

Got my fingers crossed!!

OK, so don;t I feel like a total fool, I went and prepped the one I have to deliver today, after talking with Bill this am. It is a gel switch, and the reason I cannot find it on the internet, I HAD THE WRONG MACHINE!!!!! (bangs head for a bit)!

So I should have known better than to listen to the guy I bought the first group from, these are not Rowe 5900's;

they are Crane SnackTron 145's.

Uggg. Back to the drawing board, but it should be easier to find parts for the RIGHT machine.

Good Grief!!!!!

Amazing how easy it is once you look for THE RIGHT THING!!!!!

I just got off the phone with VE, gel pad, letter overlay, push buttons, and new tough fronts to finish off the look, less than $100!!!!

How can you beat that!

LOL no wonder some of the stuff you had been saying didnt make a lot of sense in relation to the 5900 ah well at least you know the right one now. prob easier to find parts for those anyway i see them on craigs list more often

Makes a whole lot more sense now! The 145 membrane switch is definitely junk based on what we discussed. Once they go they cannot be saved. Whew, I thought I was losing it when you were explaining the button panel.

Boy did I feel stupid Bill!!!!!

Unfortunately, it is what it is, the parts were really cheap, so that is a good thing, and I think I am going to put a small bead around the edge of the new one to try to gain a little.

After I got that squared away, delivered one yesterday to find out that it had a bad mech when I went back to stock it. One thing after another!!!

I got a great line on an AP7600 today, that has either a bad board or mech.

Archived